On Hit-stats on Chest pieces

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Ysold, Nov 26, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

About enchantment: There are several On Hit-stats that can be applied to chest pieces.
    For instance: I'm looking at this one:
    Sun Strength (+3) On Hit (5%): Strength Bonus at Day. -40 Maximum Durability, Chest

The question is, when does this stat kick in? When the player hits a target, or when the player receives damage?

Thanks,
    Ysold.

Adam Crow likes this.
  2. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

I dont know about earth. But sun give buff when you got hit. Even if you fall with 1 dmg, it would buff you.
    P.S. Its info from like 2 years ago, but I think still true.

Ysold and Adam Crow like this.
  3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I know for the Mend buff (Thaumaturgy Gem), the buff heals the player when the player is hit (not when the opponent is hit).
    I tested this a long time ago, and ultimately realized this buff was almost useless. Healing occurred on only 5% of hits, and it healed for just a few hit points, so the benefit was negligible. In fact, my HP regen from a food healed me far more than mend ever did. So, it was better for me to choose some other enchantment rather than waste an enchantment on Mend.

I don't do a lot of crafting, and maybe I missed something with these on-hit buffs...but my limited testing of them seemed to indicate that they were not as good as choosing some other enchant.
    If the on-hit buffs are not worthwhile, then perhaps they need some improvements.
    Maybe the on-hit chance and the power of the on-hit effect should increase as enchant skill increases?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    Adam Crow likes this.