Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

On the Move! Right on Target!

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Let me say first that I played a solid stent last night and the new movement and targeting is absolutely fantastic! There are still some corks to work out, but I'm extremely confident that this development team is completely aware of that.

The game takes on an entirely new feel with the new targeting and movement system. It's engaging fun and allows you to focus more on the world and what you want to do rather than the controls and what you can do.

A few smaller things that I feel are low hanging fruit. The target directly above the Avatar, above the head is awkward and feels strange, it leaves you looking downward just as a force of habit... Not a necessity for accurate mob targeting, but it makes you feel like it needs to be done. I feel that this would be better implemented if it was out in front of the avatar and lowered a bit.

The tab button is still fairly inconsistent. Sometimes I'll hit Tab and it won't move from one mode to the other. This is frustrating but I'm sure it's just a small pass of reform.

Also it's silly to have the rectle on the overworld map....

All and all an amazing change and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I hope that this is good feedback!

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I'm not going to hate on anyone for enjoying something and having fun playing, but I don't see how having to line up targets in cross hairs every time you use a range skill leaves you more free to focus on the world and what you want to do.

Daxxe Diggler and Lord Barugon like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Gee, it almost sounds like real life? :) I am glad for this realistic feature, personally. Also, it is not that precise, you don't need a mob in the crosshairs, just make sure the cursor is pointed in their general direction.. I was often starting at the ground trying to target them, and still firing off arrows no problem... right in their faces.

4. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Im not poking at you just using this as a reference.

With that said.. in the heat of battle who has time to stop and smell the roses..
    Use those flowers to wipe the blood off your armor, then pick up that piece of mandrake after you slay your foe!!

5. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

I'm just going to drop my two cents here:

I'd rather be focused on lining up targets and actually looking at what I'm attacking instead of the previous iteration of staring at my bar trying to match cards and waiting for cooldowns (that was largely the most meaningful action happening).

~Woden

Fister Magee and Black Tortoise like this.
  6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Im having a good time. Can't turn on auto attack tho or I fall asleep from boredom.

Think Ill be a tunnel rat this release with 2 handed swords in tight places.

7. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I think the problem for most people is that you STILL have to do all of that, plus concentrate on aiming that cross hair at your target.

I don't see how this makes screwing around with the hot bar any easier when you can't pay as much attention to it now. Not everyone has perfect muscle memory to remember where all the number keys are without looking.

I find that I'm missing so many more stackings and combos because I need to watch where I'm aiming so much.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Wodin Folkvardr

Wodin Folkvardr Avatar

I completely agree and understand. I honestly enjoy looking at things other than my skillbar so I would say that this is a design flaw regarding the skill/bar system and less of a problem with the new targeting. There is nothing fun or engaging about looking at cards and playing solitaire instead of focusing on your target, no matter how cool the cards look.

~Woden

Preachyr and Skyo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.