One hotbar?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Cik, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cik

Cik Avatar

I had searched and hadn't found anything that immediately showed itself on this topic. Will there be multiple hotbars, or just one?

Thanks

Ice Queen likes this.
  2. Selene

Selene Avatar

I would really love to have an extra one. Especially, a secondary out of combat bar you can switch to.. having one is just not enough slots. :) Also would like an optional emote quick bar on the right hand side below the "skill up" list.

NRaas, Birne and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

If you are talking about the combat bar, for now it's going to stay the same way it is now; one bar with 10 slots for combat. It could get augmented (unlikely) or reduced (if they keep pushing the twitchy basics).
    Yep! Different bars for different purposes. One bar for combat, one bar for out of combat and one bar for social.

That's my dreamed layout.

Birne and SeleneNoctua like this.
  4. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Social sounds nice ... would be good for emotes or such. But also I would like to have two out of combar cuz as a tamer/summoner I have enough skills to be used even outside of combat. If I now also want to have a map, the teleports and may be my fishing rod I miss at least two or three slots (thinking also about light, sprint, purify, ...). ... I allready suggested to use the "combine" or "discard" key as a switch out of combat, so if you press R+1 you would use the first skill on the secondary bar which is only shown if you drag a skill into it or hold the switch-key. On this way the hud will not get larger as now in gameplay (which I want to avoid at any time, cuz I want to see the game, not the UI-Elements ^^)

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Hm, i see your point. Why limit the amount of things i can do out of combat? i'm out of combat, the restriction doesn't make sense.

Talking about bars... i think a small bar for consumables could be great.

Birne likes this.
  6. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

All item-based stuff would be great, so maps, teleports, food, potions and may be changing weapons would be "on the click" ;)

KuBaTRiZeS and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  7. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

In a non combat situation i don't see an issue, besides your comment about having different non combat bars to have more skills at hand (if you increase the bars available there's room for everything). The issue i still see is that while on combat, consumables doesn't have the same value as part of a deck as skills. I think they would be more interesting if they had their own, non randomized space; a belt or a bandolier/holster where we can place a certain amount of items so we can use them on combat and have them always available.

This has been brought up some other times in the past, but it seems their intent is to keep consumables as part of the deck. Some argue that you can always lock a consumable to get the same effect... but then you are losing another slot in your skill bar, and i personally prefer skills over consumables. Maybe i'm wrong and they worth that space... but so far my experience is that i won't use consumables unless they have their own slots.

Birne likes this.
  8. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Japp, I only used a potion once when I first played the game to look how its animated ... never again the next 1,5 years then ^^

And for th items bar: Yes, I hope something like this will come, at least for stuff like long to use items (teleports), maps and similar ... That would not be combat changing, so why not?

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.