Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

one thing we really need... for Mail and just general sanity

Discussion in 'Release 24 Feedback' started by Krofft, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krofft

Krofft Avatar

i have been really wanting sub-containers... the ability to organize is killing me.... being able to have a bag or box inside a trunk would be absolutely amazing... then i can separate the raw materials for the finished and the good from the recyclable loot etc... and if the contents sub-containers could be hidden until opened would be even that much better... and if a bag with items in it could be moved from inventory to a trunk or chest or bank would be outstanding...

i humbly request this feature for both myself and the emerging mail system as well as the community at large... i as a courier often pick up several items at a time... if they were in a bag with hidden contents and just had the addressee and the location label on the outside i would not have to open each post to make sure i get the correct contents with each delivery...

thanks for consideration...

keep up the fantastic work...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  2. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

We all know bag inventory needs work. I hope we can look at how other games have done things, consider cool ideas for 'sub-containers', and figure something out we all like - that is so great no one will look at 'list mode' ever again. ;-P

3. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

+1 for organization.
    Without kidnapping the OP, just as a side concept, while very related: we could have custom tabs.
    All items | Equipment | Housing | Crafting | Custom1 | Custom2
    So you could separate in different ways.

Lord Andernut likes this.
  4. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Can use a key word filter at present. I agree with you. Custom1 = gathered resources with no tools showing.

5. Phiedrus Oliva

Phiedrus Oliva Avatar

Yes, although while useful, this filter is just for very specific purpose. You gave a perfect example of custom tab usage.

6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Been wishing for a way to organize things how we want in bags/chests/boxes for while now, and mail we've been asking for that as well, not sure if they plan to implement either though.

Krofft likes this.
  7. Krofft

Krofft Avatar

ok... just noticed this... if you have two bags in your inventory, you can put things in one bag then put that bag (with contents) into the other bag... now the items still show up in inventory. but if you open the outer bag, the contents of the inner bag do not show up in the inventory of the outer bag... so in part, the system works... need the properties of the bags to be on the outer most container as well (ie. the inventory) and also apply similar characteristics to the chests and other containers...

but the system is partially there... just need to propagate the desired properties up and across

8. Krofft

Krofft Avatar

Mail is underway as a Player driven venture... i am a mail courier and the service is working... contact either Duke Violation or Kazyn Phoenixfyre for more info

Duke Mekong likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.