OPEN PVP!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Cazador, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I meant in the grand scheme of things out of 250,000 players only a handful started over on a pvp server that wasn't free. I wasn't there towards the end but I can believe that players may have eventually got bored and came to their senses.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

I played UO: Siege Perilous for years. I also had a character on Pacific. SP had much more active play. Pacific was dead by comparison, but there was a brief resurgence from an old rival guild that declared a guild war against the KGB (Knights of Glory and Beer), which originally came from Pacific, so many of us still had characters there. The KGB deployed back to Pacific, everyone had a good time, the guild war ended, and we all went back to our characters on SP.

From what I saw, the activity between our two guilds represented most of what was going on in Pacific at that time. That was why the rival guild asked us to come back, at least temporarily. There was nothing else going on. I think most of them subsequently came to SP.

3. Sliver Fist

Sliver Fist Avatar

I want OPEN PVP SOOO BAD

I cannot tell you HOW LONG I've waited for something RG like this to be announced.

I first off must say thanks RG from your Ultima masterpieces during the 90's, for me U7 being the most memorable. Best game I have ever tooled around with for hours and hours on end. The classic feel of it, being single player and open world being able to do ANYTHING and KILL ANYTHING except for LB himself, hit it for me. (this feel was emulated by oblivion)

Tying this to the SoTA, I want this same classic feel. The feel of just venturing out and then being sidetracked by brigands/dragons/ettins and (online) PKS. The same feel UO had when you went out, for tradeskills and then bumping into a pk and having a fight there. Dieing and loosing EVERYTHING or Winning and getting the gear from PK. Those where the experiences that were most unique to me.

I myself come from a long road of mmo's starting with UO. I cannot stress this enough that the market is free to capitalize for hardcore PVP'ers. Many have come up short to recreate UO and the experiences MANY have had and failed... DARKFAIL

4. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

attack me, murder me, loot me, cut me into pieces, throw my bones all over the place. oh we can only hope

5. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

I've had to remove several messages from this thread for use of profanity and personal attacks. Please review the Forum Rules before posting again if you were one of the players whose post was deleted.

6. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

I would love full open pvp a la UO. loot and all.

Most of the people who will argue tooth and nail against it are afraid of losing their lewt because they either dont have the skill to compete, or the experience to understand how it worked in UO.
    To those players I say: don't worry. You will be able to disable it and play in your safe world of happiness joy.

There are plenty of us who enjoy the competition, the danger, the strife and of course the sheer spontaneity of stumbling across a couple of killers and either duking it out or high-tailing it outta there. Don't take that away from us because you are afraid of it. Just don't participate. The game will separate us naturally.

7. Deathblow

Deathblow Avatar

Aye! Richard Garriott's UO was lost in time, soon after EA/OSI lost his foresight.

This new game of Virtue, will have old and new ideas that cam now be employed, with the ability of new advancements in gaming.

I have full stock in the fact that, this game will be "a blast for everyone".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.