Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

oracle does not respond until second click

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by skeggy, Feb 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeggy

skeggy Avatar

02/10/2019 12:55
    Title: oracle does not respond until second click
    Reproduction Rate: has happened every time over the last few patches
    Blocker?
    Details: when talking to the oracle I need to click twice to get the response from the oracle
    Steps to Reproduce: I have found this bug in the last few patches of the game
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16268
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 2987
    SotA.Win.64.912.Date.02.08.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Crossroads
    Area Display Name: Crossroads
    Loc: (233.3, 42.1, -233.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfENyb3Nzcm9hZHN8KDIzMy4zMTIsIDQyLjExOCwgLTIzMy4xNyl8KDAsIC0wLjcxOSwgMCwgMC42OTUpfDYyOC4yNDk2fDkuNjQyODAxfDcuNDI4MTc3

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@skeggy This is usually (but not always) caused by one of two things.

The first is simple lag. In such a case, you do the first click, the game catches up, and the response happens simultaneous to when you click a second time.

The second situation is the lag/pause that happens when you receive a reward for the first time in a game session. "Rewards" in this case can be loot from a corpse or a quest reward from a conversation. You can test this in this way: The next time you log into the game, go kill something and loot it. It could be something simple like a rabbit ... anything to give you loot. Next, go to the Oracle and do the same thing you did which caused you to click twice. Did you have to click twice this time?

If neither of these seem applicable, I'm not sure what the problem is and will need more information. For example, if you could share the part of the conversation where you have to click twice (including both the keywords you say and the responses she gives), that would be helpful. Does the "click twice" issue happen with every response from the Oracle or only with certain keywords? Do you have this problem with any other NPC conversation or just the Oracle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.