Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

OS X QA launcher update is once again bugged

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Widsith [MGT], Oct 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

Downloads update, appears to patch itself, and terminates. Run it again, and it does the same thing, ad nauseum. Doesn't appear to attempt to launch the game itself, there is apparently no solution but a full download. This exactly the same behavior as reported for R34 QA launcher, so it's annoying to see it completely unaddressed. :(

2. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

Hi, thanks for the report and sorry for your frustration. I do see there were mixed reports in your R34 report, with some of the original complaint about the title and color or the launcher. We do have a few other reports about the launcher crashing, so I'm wondering if that is what is happening in your case before it is able to launch the game. Any specific details/screenshots you can provide with the bug reports would be helpful, including information about whether you are able to click any buttons (e.g. "Launch Game" or "Close").

The issue: OS X Launcher terminates without launching game is being tracked, thank you for your patience.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

May I ask how frequently you find yourself in this state? How easy it is for your patcher to get into this broken state after a successful full-reinstall? We're having great difficulty reproducing this internally. While we have the issue as known, and are looking into it for solutions, any additional information you can provide would assist us immensely.

Out of curiosity, how are you storing your launchers between Live/QA? Are they in the same directory? We're scratching our heads trying to understand how one launcher would adopt the settings of another and become corrupted as you describe.

4. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

@Attenwood The two launchers are both in the Applications dir. (That's where the installer puts them.) I had a session with @BurningToad on Discord last Friday, where we dug down into the temporary directories being used by the QA launcher. He seemed to think he saw the/an issue. I took a full download of QA launcher / app yesterday, and haven't had any further issues - though of course there's been no further attempt to patch the QA launder.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Oh, so it wasn't just me? I ended up opening the zip file and dropping the latest version into the applications folder. The worst part is that OS X sota uses horrible locations for its files.

6. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.