Out Of Port

Discussion in 'The Library' started by jay_rab, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jay_rab

jay_rab Avatar

"Everyone starts somewhere" was his motto and he wanted everyone's somewhere to be Port Phoenix. Whether for living, crafting, or supplies his goal was to point towards the port and to make sure they kept looking in that direction.

Not the easiest of jobs, being the Minister of Commerce, with a lot of traveling about looking for new towns popping up to sign agreements with while still maintaining what happens back at home through contacts to make sure that goods are being delivered and that meetings are being held.

He had three town lords he wanted to meet with this week an impossible feat due to the distance needed to travel yet at the very lease he could reach one nearby and spend the rest of the week traveling to the next.

When he arrived at the first town he was greeted kindly, it was just starting up, most of the people were out and about working on structures. He asked a lady passing by who he could talk to about the settlement and was pointed in the direction of a striking young man.

As he approached the young man he was welcomed by spears pointed in his face and one of them telling him that the lord was not to be bothered right now as he had to focus on supplying the new town. "I can help with that" Jay shouted trying to catch the ear of the lord who was now standing over a table inside a tent. "I am diplomat of sorts for a port that is nearby and our focus is in crafting and supplies. I actually came here today to talk about supplying this town with the goods it needs to succeed."

The guards loosened their grip on their weapons even before the lord came outside, it seems his word and supplies were greatly needed as they instantly let their guard down upon hearing Jay speak. "What port are you speaking of sir?" the young man asked as the spears were lifted away from Jay's face.

"I am from the healthy port of phoenix, we have supplies and travelers goods coming in and out of the port daily, and provide for many of the towns in-land that would have trouble getting those goods by road, its also much quicker by ship" Jay spoke again "and we are not at all new to helping towns settle as just the other day we had finished our last delivery to Gandpun Village without any hassle."

"So you think that you could supply all our needs? You know we are much bigger then small village and will require a great number of carts of wood and cotton" the young man said. "I know Port Phoenix would be the best port to do this job without any trouble for you while raw supplies are always getting placed in our warehouse we are normally supplied to the brim just waiting for moments like this were people are staking claim to the land." Jay said with a smile trying to reassure the young man of his intent.

The Young man walked back into the tent picking up a piece of paper on the table that had something already written down on it, "This is a request I was planning to send out today to another town if you are able to fill it at the same cost then the bid is yours to hold." the young man holds out his hand with the letter in it and Jay reaches to take it "my name is Sir Vincent by the way and welcome to Lantern"

Gaelis and monxter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.