Outlaw's lair in Outlaws run

Discussion in 'Player Test Environment (QA Server) Feedback' started by Rinaldi, Sep 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

@Sannio

Hi ya. I ran into the lair, and noticed some conversation has been added to the NPCs in the lair.
    I think the area is not been complete yet, so forgive me if I my comments are premature.
    But here is some feedback on what is in the QA so far.

1) Lucien - this NPC says one of the rules is "you attack anyone, everyone attacks you". I attacked several NPCs in the lair, and none of the other NPCs attacked me (they all remain with a white title over their head and remain friendly). I suspect that the "attack the hostile avatar" mechanism has not been added yet, but if it has been implemented, it does not seem to be functioning.

2) Lucien - lucien says "no one sees the boss unless he wants to be seen". But when I ask lucien about the "boss", he has no idea what i am referring to. I think it would be better if he had a response to the word "boss" since it does seem to be a main topic of the rules.

3) Guard who appears when stealing - it seems like an odd response for pillaging outlaws to fine me for stealing (this seems like a more appropriate response for a lawful police force). I think that hostile outlaws would be far less forgiving when someone stole from them. In fact, I expected all the outlaws to attack me. Simply having them ask me to pay a fine seemed out of character.
    Also, the guard who appears to levee the fine looks like a clean-cut city guard, and not a rough-and-tumble outlaw.

4) Nunya - after you ask his name, his name does not appear above his head (as if you never discovered his name). Also, there are 2 Nunya's in the lair, one standing near each tent (? intended?).

5) I opened the maze, and after 30 minutes in the lair, the maze never reset (so I could walk out of the lair without using the teleporter). I am not sure if this is intended, but I thought i would mention it because this is different than how it works on the live server right now (On live server: the maze will reset after about 5 minutes, then i have to use teleporter to get out of lair).

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's because you haven't discovered his name: he doesn't have one. nunya's name is nunya business, same as the nunyas in tenebris harbor. they're just copies and don't HAVE individual names: it's a ruder version of "i don't share my name with outlanders"

Rinaldi, Time Lord and Violet Ronso like this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

They're supposed to attack you. They use the "red sash" faction, which is used by NPCs such as the Red Sash bandits and the villagers in Crooked Shank. They're supposed to be neutral, unless they see you attack a buddy in which case they should team up against you. I'll look into this.

The boss isn't in yet and will eventually be part of the Episode 2 storyline. But the outlaws should probably have a good reply for "boss" so I'll add that.

I think you stole something that was inside the outlaw village? The items there are protected by our "anti-theft" gimmick, which means a Justicar appears to deliver punishment. I don't have any control over the anti-theft Justicar. Regarding theft, I have 2 options: Add the anti-theft gimmick and accept a Justicar appears, or remove the anti-theft gimmick and probably remove most-to-all stealaable items.

Like Alley Oop says, "Nunya" isn't their real name.

It's supposed to reset eventually. I'm not sure why it didn't for you. I'll look into it.

Issue #69693

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.