1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

OutNow! Womby's Crappy Poems Volume 1

Discussion in 'Sell Items (WTS Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by Womby, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Womby

Womby Avatar

Get your limited edition copy now from Womby & Vyrin's Bookstore in Central Brittany or Vyrin & Womby's Bookstore in Aeire. Only 100 copies will ever be printed.

Some random extracts:

ARACHNOPHILIA
    :
    As we studied each other with cautious respect
    I lowered my weapon, for I could detect
    a sad, lonely tear in one of her eyes -
    and what happened next came as quite a surprise.

:

NOVIA
    :
    Maybe you prefer the arts
    or sport is where your interest starts.
    Excitement can mean PVP
    or simply reading poetry,
    for standing up before you all
    is just as scary as a brawl.

:

WARNING
    :
    "It isn't far" she said to me
    then added "everything is free".
    "Minerals, hides, cotton, suet -
    why do you hesitate - let's do it!"

:

CHEESE
    :
    "So what?" you say, "is that not good?"
    and to be fair, most people would.
    But think about it - wonder how.
    Doesn't cheese require a cow?

:

MY FAVOURITE NOVIAN CREATURES
    :
    They always rush to greet me,
    and gosh they look so cute.
    But best of all when they are dead
    they give me lots of loot.

:

SPARKY
    :
    I had a friend named Sparky
    who followed me around.
    We'd often chat
    'bout this and that
    and stuff that we had found.

:

SotA
    :
    I know it's hard to understand
    but strangers from another land
    are sometimes scornful of this place
    and fail to see why we embrace
    its every quirk and oddity
    and why we gather, you and me

:

Vyrin, Autumn Willow, Acred and 7 others like this.
  2. Ember

Ember Avatar

Ok, I have to admit, my jaw dropped when I read ARACHNOPHILIA. (A good jaw-dropping, not bad in any way! :D) Your vol. 1 poem compilation was definitely worth the buy. Looking forward to the next!

Vyrin, Acred, Pikegirl and 2 others like this.
  3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Thank you to everyone who purchased a copy of my poems, Volume 1. All copies initially placed in the Central Brittany bookstore sold out, so I have restocked. They are also available from Vyrin's bookstore in Aerie. Remember there are only 100 copies of this book, each individually numbered. No more copies will ever be printed.

Vyrin, Ember and Acred like this.
  4. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Heya Womby, a quick query.

Would I be able to print a copy of your book if I own it and had a Printing Press of my own?

Vyrin likes this.
  5. Womby

Womby Avatar

Hello @Pikegirl. The books are limited edition in order to add to their value. If copies are made then that diminishes the value that other customers have paid for. However, if you intend to keep both copies and not pass either on to another player then I have no objection.

If you intend to pass either copy on to another player, then for the sake of my other customers I would rather you didn't, but if you feel that you need to then I simply ask that you remove the line "Copy nnn of 100" and replace it with "Duplicate copy".
    You can do that by copying the text of the book into a text editor, editing it, placing the resulting file in
    C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Roaming\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Custom Books
    and then importing the file into a blank book. (Sorry, I don't know the appropriate location if you run OS X or Linux.)

EDIT: @Pikegirl I sent you a PM for further discussion.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    Vyrin and Acred like this.
  6. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Thanks for the reply @Womby~

I myself would never duplicate another player's limited work by using the Printing Press or other means.

The reason why I asked is that I'm very interested in writing books too, and wanted to see how we can keep the limited runs limited.

Vyrin likes this.
  7. Pyq

Pyq Avatar

If you issue a volume 2, pls reserve 25/100 for me. TIA :)

8. Womby

Womby Avatar

I've made a note, but it may be a long time coming.

Pyq likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.