Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Overland Encounters - 20 minute spawn rate

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Anpu, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

06/04/2019 09:08
    Title: Overland Encounters - 20 minute spawn rate
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker?
    Details: The overland encounters are spawning at a rate of 20 minutes. I believe they are supposed to be a bit faster than that? I kept noticing the vastly empty overland, and wondered if just people were doing these in droves or if something else might be off.
    Steps to Reproduce: At this location, if a overland encounter is present, enter it. Enter scene and go to exit. Once on the world map, set timer and observe when next spawn happens. In this one case it was 20 minutes.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.984.Date.05.31.19
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-105.5, 18.5, 250.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMTA1LjUwNiwgMTguNDYxLCAyNTAuMDE4KXwoMCwgMC4wOTgsIDAsIC0wLjk5NSl8MzQ4Ljg0MjN8MzguNzAxNzl8NDA=

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I suspect this is more of a misunderstanding for how overworld NPCs replace themselves than an actual bug. Overworld NPCs are attached to dynamic spawners, mostly arranged in regional sets. The typical respawn time is 4 minutes, but that doesn't mean it has to respawn in the same location. There's a good change that a replacement NPC will spawn elsewhere in the same of the region.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Ok thank you for that explanation! I just have noticed a distinct lack of overland encounters lately. They do seem to be a bit on the low side. I do think people are lately doing more of them but they seem oddly small in numbers while running around the world map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.