Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Overland Map - Encounter after encounter

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by ValsNoisyToys, Nov 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValsNoisyToys

ValsNoisyToys Avatar

11/3/2016 4:09 PM
    Title: Hidden Vale Overland Map - Encounter after Encounter in same spot, can't get away
    Reproduction Rate: Well its constant atm
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Friends Only mode. Right now I'm stuck on the overland map in Hidden Vale in essence because I keep getting jumped by encounters as soon as I exit the previous one. So far, I've had 7 (or is it 8?) encounters in a row, where I exit the previous encounter, take 0 to (if I'm lucky) 5 steps then get jumped by the next one. So far I'm up to 42 bandits and 8 skeletons before I had to quit the game. Logging out to main menu from the finished encounter, then back into the overland map didn't help - I just got jumped by the next encounter.

Don't get me wrong, I love road encounters, but not so many in a row where I can't get all my collected goods back to market! It broke my hoarders heart to have to destroy all those metal weapons just so I could still move and do the archer's dance with the next lot. :(

Steps to Reproduce: Not sure - but I'll try add a screenshot from my stream of the area it was happening on the overland map, couldn't stay on there long enough before the next encounter to get an actual loc (if its a factor).

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 16326
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 3053
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.501.Date.10.31.16
    Area: RandomEncounter_Plains01_Road/HumanRS_Tier2_HiddenVale
    Area Display Name: Plains Road Encounter
    Loc: (-81.3, 35.7, -12.8)

Edited to add: Picture of Overland Map Just before first encounter
    You can see my loc on the overhead map (sort of) if you look at my stream video here on Twitch (will expire in 2 weeks), or here on YouTube (once it finishes processing) at 42:11 just before the first encounter, and at 1:50:05 for the 7th(?) encounter just after I logged back in again from the main menu. And yes, I spent 1hr 15 minutes being tossed from encounter to encounter!

Just wanted to add, yes I don't have the fastest reflexes, but these encounters in some cases where tossing me back in to the next one immediately after exiting the previous scene. And you kinda need a moment to orientate yourself when entering the overhead map, and by the time I'm orientated, and taking a step, the next encounter has already accosted me.

This has only started happening today, btw. I'm assuming the devs added a chance for a 2nd encounter after leaving a first, which is fine, but as you can see 8 in a row is a bit much (and would probably have continued ad infinitum if I'd had the time to continue). So perhaps the chance of a subsequent encounter should be reduced if you've already had an extra one? 100% chance seems a bit high. :p

Ether that or this particular stretch of road is bugged re encounters. Dunno. But its a problem!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.