Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Overland Map feedback/suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Bubonic, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Hello!

Firstly, apologies if these points have already been brought up.

I think the map is working extremely well, and is improving looks-wise every release. A couple of suggestions:

1) reduce the area of effect of trees - Its very cool that trees slow u down on the overland map, just like in ultima V. However, it feels too inaccurate at the moment. If I am walking on a visible road through the forest, I should not have my speed reduced. This was most noticeable on the road from owl's head to the obsidian keep.

2) restrict encounters appropriately - I think encounters should be much less common (if not removed entirely) for travelers on the main roads. I mean, how sunk into chaos is new britannia, anyway? I was traversing the main paved area, and got pulled into a scene with a large amount of undead skeleton warriors. A roving band of undead bandits on the main roads?

3) more logical encounter scenes - another encounter happened for me around the area west of braemar. I was returning from the coast, traveling on the unpaved road, and got pulled into an encounter - which threw me into a scene where i had my back to a large stone cliff, and no road in sight. How the hell did I get there? To keep immersion, the encounter scene should mimic the surrounding area on the overland map, especially if the player is on a road.

My three cents!

Hazard, Tahru, Joviex and 3 others like this.
  2. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Since the overworld map is a scene, can I have that viewpoint in all scenes as an option.

3. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

If you are in a party, everyone in the party should be pulled into the encounter and the party should be treated as 'one' adventurer when calculating the chance of an encounter taking place.

Cypher Black

Tahru and Sir Dorham Isycle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.