Overworld Map

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guards, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I'm in the camp hoping for it to add to feel of there always being destinations and adventure. What would it take to create that? What would make the map more fun and immersive?

2. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

I'm not a fan of this type of map at all. It's a complete immersion breaker, and had I known this I would have never pledged....

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

3. pietasxxi

pietasxxi Avatar

I agree with OP. The overworld map totally disrupts the immersion.
    The player goes from a very concrete, carefully crafted environment, where he feels immersed in a world, to an experience so abstract that is practically meaningless.
    The playable world becomes chunks of places, with tenuous connections where the RPG aspect seems to substantially faint.

4. Curt

Curt Avatar

I prefer the overworld map, also it speeds up movemend around the world compared to if everything was one big zone.

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

One thing that is important to remember is that this was their first iteration of the new overworld map. It is being continually modified to add features and improve performance. With R8 right around the corner, I'm excited to see what changes have been implemented since R7.

Rather than stating complaints about the map or lack of features and immersion to which finding solutions can be difficult (if not impossible), I think it would best help the developers to provide constructive feedback on specific ways they can improve the map to make it more useful. Generating new ideas that the development team hasn't thought of may change the world. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.