Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Owl's Nest Wolf stops taking damage and avatar can't do anything but move

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Phil Scott, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Avatar

05/01/2016 08:23
    Title: in Owl's Nest Wolf stops taking damage and avatar can't do anything but move.
    Reproduction Rate: Ramdom but High
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: When mining in Owl's Nest sometime one of the two wolves will stop taking damage and go into
    it's ideal mode (shaking, baying at the moon, etc.) and not take any damage NOR give in damage.
    When this happens if you break off and try to mine you just walk in place.
    If you try to switch decks you will see progress bar but the deck will not switch.
    It appears that leaving the mine and returning resets the problem.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    Have a bunch of people mine in owl's nest in single player (maybe with Macs that and linux is all I use and
    I have not tried this on linux) some should see this happen.
    Note this happened on two different accounts.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32768
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M OpenGL Engine GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.OSX.64.407.Date.04.29.16
    Area: OwlsNest
    Loc: (-25.1, -5.0, 61.4)

2. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Avatar

More Info:

I killed one of the wolves the first time (before the freeze) and exited and re-entered the mine and only one wolf was there.
    tried to kill him bit froze up again. Exited and re-entered and this time was able to kill the second wolf. I only used axe and death touch
    the time I killed. I think that it might be some spell or order of spells that triggers the freeze.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Did you use Earthquake by any chance? We had a fix implemented for 409-410 that resolved a similar issue to what you're describing, if you could verify if you're still observing this issue. Thanks for reporting!

4. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

I just had the same thing happen in Owl's Nest but with the Bandit Leader. I freeze during attack and Leader goes into idle mode and I can do no damage and only way out was to re-log. I attack again and same thing happens. I use no spells....blade only.
    Specs if needed

5/3/2016 11:54 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690 CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 8144
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1989
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.410.Date.05.02.16
    Area: OwlsNest
    Loc: (-41.6, -5.0, 33.0)

5. Abercrombie_McCloud

Abercrombie_McCloud Avatar

I have had the same thing in the epitah...with an underdweller. Basically cant move, cant do stuck had to exit to map,

I use archery....no earthquake. Area: The Epitaph (Novia_R4_City_Desolis_Underground) Loc: (-88.4, 10.0, -22.6)

Specs can be added if needed.

6. tolukolvi

tolukolvi Avatar

I just tried killing Nestor the Dark Necromancer in Owl's Nest for about 10 times. Every single time the game stops responding to attack and movement. All the menus work just fine and the NPC's move around. My character doesn't do anything and all monsters stop attacking and start walking around as if my character didn't exist. After reloging (quite often the game crashes completely when choosing 'Exit to menu') all works fine UNTIL I attack again.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I am also seeing this happen to myself, in different scenes really.. randomly it seems.. I'll try to see what skill might be doing it... I'll be filing a bug report when I can make sense of it. If only I could reproduce it..

8. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hey everyone. There was a recent fix that affected NPCs that would freeze and break gameplay. The fix should be applied to patch 412, if anyone could verify if they are continuing to observe this issue after that. Additionally, if you do see it occur, you can use the /debug command to bring up a debug console. My suspicion is that the console will be receiving error spam at these times. You can see the actual spam messages by using the button on the top right of the debug bar. Any information copied from those errors will help us isolate the issue. Thank you.

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Phil Scott

Phil Scott Avatar

No I don't have earthquake every trained to level 1. I was using root and a number of other spells but when it did NOT freeze I ONLY used a axe and death touch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.