1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Oyster Farm

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sorgin Txakal, Mar 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

With the upcoming changes to reagents and loot, one that I think would be a fun alternative use for planting beds would be to make oyster farms.

These could be a separate crafted bed that requires planting beds as an ingredient and just has a very muddy water texture that looks drier when it needs watering and then the oysters can be there for harvesting.

They would require watering, but with a special "salt water" made with buckets of water, sacks of salt, and elemental sand so that pearls can be harvested with the meat (at a lower rate for pearls than in the wild) but otherwise could use the same skills in the farming tree to interact with the oyster beds.

Would be a huge bonus if oyster beds could float on water in a water lot:

[​IMG]

Elgarion, Wilfred, Net and 5 others like this.
  2. Carpe Noctem Diem

Carpe Noctem Diem Avatar

I would be all for this.

Elgarion and Sorgin Txakal like this.
  3. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Upon reflection, maybe elemental sand would be a component in crafting of the beds and not the water used for watering due to the rarity of elemental sand.

Elgarion, Wilfred, Anpu and 3 others like this.
  4. Carpe Noctem Diem

Carpe Noctem Diem Avatar

I agree but if it is made to be too expensive to start and maintain beds that will make Black Pearl almost unobtainable and unreasonable to use in spell casting or recipes. I do like the salt water idea tho. We just need more salt nodes.

Elgarion, Wilfred and Sorgin Txakal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.