Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Paid rent and then....

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Hsitirb, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

I'm curious if anyone can tell me what happened. I don't think I can recreate as I don't really know if what I'm writing is cause and effect as I noticed a few days after the fact.

Just before Christmas I paid rent using 9 crowns of the obsidian - and yes those 9 crowns are no longer in inventory. At the time I also had just under 70,000 gold (which I didn't pay rent with). Haven't been to any towns, spoken w any merchants, and am not pvp.

To give you an idea of spending I was 7 hours of being evicted and after paying I had 99 days for a village lot. So if the math doesn't add up maybe this is where something went wrong.

Today I spoke w the first merchant since paying rent and I see that I only have 2700 gold. Of that 2700 I've been speaking to the oracle every day - even if not playing - so I may have gone completely broke somehow. The only other thing I was in Skrekk and killed by a large red spider since paying rent.

Where could my gold have gone?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

3. Hsitirb

Hsitirb Avatar

Thanks I just sent off an email - I also noticed I mis-wrote here as well. It's not rent I paid but taxes. Either way I'm still confused.

I looked up a page on property costs and a village lot tax is 1000/day. 9 CotO would only get me 31.5 days. So if I ended up with 99 days that means I had to have paid gold for 68 days. At 1000/day that comes to 68000. Leaving me with a small balance plus the daily Oracle gifts. Bummer, I'm BROKE but at least I know I goofed and somehow paid more than I intended. Error on my end.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.