Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Parry skill requirement

Discussion in 'Release 32 Dev+' started by niteowl57, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Parry Blade Skill is on the 2nd Tier. All others on the 2nd Tier require Health at 20, but Parry requires 40 as if it were on the 3rd Tier.

[Edit:] I reviewed all the skill level requirements. For Adventuring, overall, we seem to have consistent requirements for Tier 2 to be Tier 1 at Level 20 with two exceptions: Parry in Blades, and Corpse Explosion in the Death tree; Corpse Explosion is on Tier 2 but requires Tier 1 to be at level 40. As I don't know the intent, I'd say they should either be changed to require Level 20, or be relocated to Tier 3.

Also, please review the Taming Skill requirements. All Tier 2 and Tier 3 skills require Tier 1 to be level 40. This could be intended, although I am hoping Tier 2 should be set to 20, but what is puzzling is that I have Tier 1 Summon Creature at 11, yet Summon on Tier 2, which claims to require Summon Creature be at level 40, is available at level 1. I can't wrap my mind around that one--if Summon cannot be obtained until Tame Creature reaches level 40 (frown emote), then how is Summon active? I'm guessing that the old requirement of Tame Creature being only level 10 to get Summon may have something to do with it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Beaumaris and Ice Queen like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Bugs submitted. Thanks for reporting!

3. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

@niteowl57 Thanks, you are correct. Those tier 2's at 40 are a mistake. Addressing that now.

4. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Just checked in the fix for these. Taming skills also dropped and summon is now a 0 requirement.

5. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

A-w-e--some! I think if it rolled out the way it was, there would have been much player pain, and many arrows fired in your direction ;). Although there may still be some groans, now it makes sense. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.