Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

(Patch 358) No way to exit target softlock except by killing

Discussion in 'Release 30 Dev+' started by helm, May 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helm

helm Avatar

Title:
    (Patch 358) No way to exit target softlock except by killing

Reproduction Rate:
    Always

Blocker?
    No

Details:
    Once softlocking the target, either by shift+click or using target cycling, it seems to be impossible to return back to sticky targeting, except by killing.
    Proposed fix: Please implement some way to release the softlock.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start the game. Softlock something in combat mode. Observe how you can move the softlock to another target, but can't get rid of it, i.e. sticky targeting becomes impossible after softlocking, until you kill one of the enemies.
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 15967
    GPU: GeForce GX 870M/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 1024 (reported incorrectly should be 3GB)

Time Lord likes this.
  2. helm

helm Avatar

So there seems to be a "way" to do this, by using the -- wait for it -- Esc key. Which is a BAD choice, for more than just a few reasons:

1) It is completely unintuitive, as there already IS a function mapped to that key (such a thing is also bad UI design for the same reason)

2) It's in a totally awkward position, forcing the fingers out of the movement keys, which makes it a major no-no to use at all. Hence, can't use target locking.

3) Third, when are you guys starting to live up to your promises of making the keys mappable, instead of some stupid default? If you actually do have the goal of getting rid of unmappable keys, do you think making MORE unmappable keys is a good step towards that goal?

Double-tapping the cycle key would be a decent solution (depending on the speed of the double-click). Or a long pressing it.
    ESC == Can't use target cycling.

Link_of_Hyrule and Time Lord like this.
  3. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

Yeah I kind of instinctively used ESC but I don't feel like it worked the first time I tried it the main problem with this is it can bring up the settings menu but I'm pretty sure if you just press it the one time it exits targets and closes all your open gump windows. I'm not sure what other key they'd use for this but I certainly agree all keys should be mappable including a controller stick to the camera instead of a mouse.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.