1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

[Patch Pending 69931] Scene loads except Overworld - error spew, buffs gone, looping fallthru

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Echondas, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

11/19/2021 14:41
    Title: Vauban Pass - error spew, all buffs disappear, and falling through the world on a loop
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes - only fix is to quit the game completely, 'exit to menu' does not bring up the menu, and instead takes you to a black image with (Offline) in the top bar next to the scene

Details: Tried entering Vauban Pass using zone scroll to default entrance, all buffs missing, falling through the world on a loop, error spew. Also tried from Overworld entrance to Default and North, same thing.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Time
    ====
    14:33:14.659

StackTrace
    ==========
    PlayerController.UpdatePlayerState () (at <5b0ecdaa905a400fb25ce49210468fc7>:0)
    PlayerController.Update () (at <5b0ecdaa905a400fb25ce49210468fc7>:0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Steps to Reproduce: See above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1486.Date.11.19.21
    Area: Novia_R4_Hills01_VaubanPass
    Area Display Name: Vauban Pass
    Loc: (367.9, -445.3, 75.2)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfSGlsbHMwMV9WYXViYW5QYXNzfHwoMzY3Ljg4OSwgLTQ0NS4zMTMsIDc1LjE1OSl8KDAsIDAuMjMsIDAsIDAuOTczKXwyNi41OTkxN3wwfDEwLjkyNjQ=

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  2. Echondas

It seems I can't enter Eastreach Gap either... I tried going to Northwood, and I'm getting a network error..

[​IMG]

3. Echondas

Tried a siege just now, same issue as the control point scenes.. Steam verify (repair) found no issues..

I had the debug up during loading into a scene with that network error, and saw this (userid removed):
    SceneServer: Authenticate: Rejecting Auth for user:xxxxxxxxxxx because SceneId doesn't mat
    ch.

I tried uninstalling from Steam, and then reinstalling .. same issues :(

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
  4. Echondas

Had Alley Oop summon me to her POT - that fixed it.. I can load other scenes (adventure, etc) now.. when List tried pulling me to Serpent's Watch, I got the server error message.. weird. Marking this resolved, not deleting, in case it comes back or someone else starts having this happen.

There's probably a LOT of error logs on the server for whatever was happening.

5. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

Still actual fool day of loopin evrything
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a few vidos from the day before yesterday the bug is the same. disappeared yesterday and reappeared today. I can't understand what it depends on....

6. pr0gress

pr0gress Avatar

ill try
    relog
    reboot
    fix via steam
    load basic client
    deleate and load in steam
    reload and update router
    different drivers for nvidia

by advice from clear Lua folder

mb -> [​IMG] ?

1488 patch still actual * video on loading

mb problem with pets\summons? pets dismised after catch a bug and cant replace necklace. ill try use hotkey to dismis on video.

'Greedy' stuck in tanglemire, and to not waste xp ill stay in zone to get some x2 xp :D im still well prepare regs and food in bank to surv for a long time :D

update 6:03pm cet | 03:33am msk
    [​IMG]

with /debug got
    Time: 03:11:36.234
    Category: CONSOLE
    Message: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Stack Trace: PlayerController.UpdatePlayerState () (at <c889915a89474b5e8b76cd47df4f69ae>:0)
    PlayerController.Update () (at <c889915a89474b5e8b76cd47df4f69ae>:0)
    [​IMG]

growing evry sec

and now i cant recall from this loop *video on loading*

some err msg in debug when on loading scene (time is my local ~6:40pm cet)
    Time: 03:40:04.671
    Message: SceneServer: Authenticate: Rejecting Auth for user:5adcb536abb7411298f7c1b9 because SceneId doesn't match.
    Stack Trace:
    Time: 03:39:57.612
    Message: SetViewState: ViewObj(22/619ae61153a643d7d9907512--CharacterState) is owned by actor(0), state cannot be changed by actor(2)
    Stack Trace:
    Time: 03:39:57.612
    Message: SetViewState: ViewObj(23/619ae61153a643d7d9907511--CharacterState) is owned by actor(0), state cannot be changed by actor(2)
    Stack Trace:
    Time: 03:41:29.342
    Stack Trace: OverworldPOTVisuals.SetVisuals (System.Int32 plotLevel, System.Int32 onlinePopulationLevel, System.Int32 devotionalSymbols) (at <c889915a89474b5e8b76cd47df4f69ae>:0)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ExitGames.Logging.UnityLogger:Error(Object, Exception)
    PortDebug:LogException(Exception)
    OverworldPOTVisuals:SetVisuals(Int32, Int32, Int32)
    OverworldPopulationVisualsManager:RefreshPopulationDataFromRoomProperties(JSONPropertyBag)
    OverworldPopulationVisualsManager:OnPhotonCustomRoomPropertiesChanged(JSONPropertyBag)
    NetworkingPeer:OnCustomRoomPropertiesChanged(JSONPropertyBag)
    NetworkingPeer:ReadoutGameProperties(JSONPropertyBag)
    NetworkingPeer:Lite.Client.LiteGameInterfaceBase.IEvent.PropertiesChanged(Int32, Int32, JSONPropertyBag)
    Lite.Client.LiteGameInterfaceBase:RcvEvent(IEvent, PortMessage)
    NetworkingPeer:OnEvent(EventData)
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
    PhotonHandler:Update()

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Echondas likes this.
  7. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Fix has been sent, its a problem with lua. Thanks for the reports guys and sorry for all inconveniences!

Echondas, Anpu and pr0gress like this.