Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craftymethod, Feb 17, 2020.
Are there plans to make them non npc, or increase the number of npc in a lot?
There are plans for the boats. Ill post when i find it
My dream ever since I started playing.
1. While playing an established character in Offline mode, Exit to menu -> Save Game.
1a. To make next steps easier, you can type /datafolder in the chat box first to have the proper folder open.
2. Exit the game (can be at menu screen, not all the way out).
3. Navigate to SavedGames folder -> Open the save file in wordpad or your preferred text editor.
4. Hit CTRL F to bring up search box, search for "character".
5. Close search box and scroll down a few lines past "Character" and you will see "mrs":
6. The next string inside the quotes will be the name of the scene you saved the game in... replace that with the name of the scene you want to log back into... in this case it would be "episode_2_continent"
7. Save the saved game file (replacing it, or save as a new name if you want to preserve the old location as a separate save file).
8. Go back to the game menu and click on "Load" at the bottom.
9. Select the saved game file you just saved and click on Load.
10. Select "Don't Save" and then "Proceed" (otherwise, you will overwrite what you just changed).
11. Click "OK" and then click on "Resume"
12. You will now be in the new overworld!
There’s now a boat out of the scene. Also some boats added to visit the other nearby islands.
The new area is still WIP and not finished.
I am waiting for them to allow ships to be docked in the EP 2 lands. Heard or read something about an isle of bones. Would be most fitting for this supposed to be dead pirate “grins”. @Chris , @Ravalox , @Elgarion , any info or plans for this?
Still lots in planning. Marking out reserved spots for adventure scenes, story towns coming soon, because POT location selection begins shortly, more to come on this week's update.
@Andrew Silverston see above posts for the single player game.
So no natural way to get there through the game mechanics then, only by dissecting the save file? Or this is only until the continent is fully in the game and once it's fully in, there will be a normal way to get there in an offline single player game, without dissecting the save file? Would also be nice, if we could populate new POTS with NPCs, to just let them wonder about, or maybe even create quests for ourselves, but that's prolly too much to ask for an offline SP game version, since it doesn't bring any revenue as the online or friend_only versions do.
Hey what happens if you backed for Episodes I-V? Does Episode I only remain F2P? Or is the story progression locked? Or will they just give those people some pixel crack like the orb?
Or is it just, it's a free to play MMO now, go home with your single-player Ultima dreams etc...
if your pledge gives access to further episodes, you get access. you can check your title list: everyone who has episode two has the visionary title. the people who bought episode two seperately got it when they bought episode two and all the eligible pledges got it in one mass push back in 2018.
i'm not sure if they've made firm how they're going to gate the content, but chris has spoken in stream about possibly not letting players without episode two access into npc towns and adventure scenes in mistrendur. they'd still be able to enter (and live in) pots there, though.
I wonder how they're going to implement the gating mechanism. For sure, people are going to try to get around it by teleportation scrolls, by partying with players with episode 2 access and other techniques
Separate names with a comma.