Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Path of Truth Feedback: Etceter/Xenos to Artifice Entry[SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Vyrin, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Main points:
    - Kiakis' appearance doesn't have any purpose for the story, and is somewhat inconsistent with what he tells you in Vertas.
    - Notus' dialogue has many problems and inconsistencies.
    - The Welcomer set me up to believe that what I experience on the inside of Artifice would somehow be customized to me. It wasn't. Everyone who completes the quest will ultimately have to do the same steps.

What purpose does Kiakis serve in Xenos? Wouldn't the story continue well enough without him?

Vyrin: book*
    Kiakis: ... after our last meeting, my curiosity got the better of me and I journeyed here to see if I could learn more. ...

Well that was a big reversal considering that he handed over the book. It's plausible, but the bigger question is what is he doing here for the story and the quest? Especially consider...

Vyrin: bonesteel
    Kiakis: I suspect that the only way to discover if the Bonesteel Dagger you possess was forged within the Artifice is to travel there yourself to investigate. If you speak to Notus, I am certain he can assist you in gaining access.

According to Kiakis, Notus left to investigate Artifice a while back and never returned. Wouldn't Kiakis express more surprise to find Notus acting as the gate keeper of Artifice? Wouldn't he have asked him about what they sent him to investigate? It would be better to discover Notus without Kiakis and realize something strange was up... and to be able to press him with questions about how he left and why he's the gate keeper now.

Elf Official: Welcome, Avatar! If you are trying to visit Artifice, you will first need to get clearance from the satyrs of Etceter! I'm afraid I can't help you further, as I must attend to the pilgrims here.

This is a problem from 3 perspectives. Notus is in charge of Artifice, why does he need clearance from Satyrs? Makes no sense. Second, this is just a bad hoop to jump through. Especially since a lot of people completing the quest will go straight to Xenos based on previous dialogue. Third, and perhaps most important, once you do get clearance Notus tells you:

Chancellor Notus: Greetings, Outlander! I have been waiting on your arrival and my time in Xenos is short. I was foretold of your coming, and your need to enter Artifice immediately, without the slightest delay!

It's not so pressing that he doesn't make you go to Etceter first. So something needs to be fixed in this segment.

Vyrin: passage
    Captain Steel: Ah, Avitas has cleared you, has he not? Well, if ye have enough coin, I will take you to Xenos with all haste. What say ye, are ye ready to set sail?

Was paying for passage in Etceter a thing at one time? I can understand getting cleared by Avitas because you have the dagger, but here it seems like a requirements.

Vyrin: Boreas
    Chancellor Notus: While seeking the truth of the Artifice, Boreus presented himself to me. He required an intermediary to relay his wisdom. After all, my kind has, through determination and fortitude, turned away from our own internal chaos to and adopt truth and reason. As such, I am uniquely qualified for the task. Thus, I am his voice among those still on the path to Truth and am entrusted to oversee the lottery by which pilgrims are selected to go onward to Artifice.

Previously in Aerie, Kyle Behrand said this:

Vyrin: Obsidian Wars
    Kyle Behrand: ... This is a relic of those days... from the forge of Boreas the Titan! I'm not one to believe in coincidences, friend. Follow where this came from, and you might just find Boreas himself.

If Notus is proclaiming that Boreas is in Artifice, wouldn't that information get to Aerie? Seems reasonable considering they are connected by ship traffic. I was expecting Boreas to be lost like Sequanna, but with this information, everyone, including KB, should be saying Boreas is in Artifice but no one has direct contact with him. Compounding this, it should be common knowledge where Boreas' forge is.

Vyrin: help
    Chancellor Notus: Have I not impressed the importance of your entry of the Artifice or the urgency of the task? You must make haste.

No, not really. Would be good for him to lie a little more about it in the dialogue... the second response to bonesteel may hint as to what should be said in the broader dialogue. Something like, you need to visit the forge to find out why this dagger was found at Blood River. Although a lie, Notus could legitimately claim that only Boreus might know.

Chancellor Notus: This key, which Boreas has proclaimed I only give to the one true Avatar, will give you immediate access to the Artifice; a pilgrimage you must begin forthwith.
    Chancellor Notus: A rare artifact indeed and one that can only be crafted by a forge such as the one deep within the Artifice. If you required another reason to heed my words and make haste to the Artifice, perhaps this would be it.

So what is the first response to bonesteel all about? What is the key exactly? The dagger? Some quest item that was removed? Neither make sense. It probably should be removed.

The Welcomer: Welcome, pilgrim! Artifice lies beyond me upstairs if you have the key to your desire! Don't forget -- once inside, your experience is customized just for you! Roll up and over, your celebration awaits!
    Vyrin: customized
    The Welcomer: Yes, that's right, everyone experiences just what they desire, just what they need! You may or may not see others around you now, on the inside. It all depends on your heart's desire!

Artifice in no was is customized to you as an Avatar... it's more that you have a choice to satisfy your desires in the way you want. And then, not really because in order to progress you have to visit all three rooms to get keys that take you deeper.

2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yes, it used to be 500 gold. It may be free now, if so that is a dialogue bug.

Vyrin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.