Path of Truth: help moving between places

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bani, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bani

bani Avatar

I'm trying the Path of Truth but I'm stuck with the bonesteel dagger task because I can't find the way to Aerie. I'm currently in the Blood River Outskirts and I've already done all tasks related to helping the elves there

Any advice?

2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

head down the road west, then in aerie head left from defualt entrance and look for the blacksmith shop way down the road on the left.

bani likes this.
  3. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Novia is a big continent / island (?) - you can always use the map in game or online (https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/) to make yourself familiar.
    If your adventures bring you in remote areas of Novia you will notice "control points" - these are usually mountain passes held by powerful monsters. The safest way to circumvent these is using the lunar rifts / moongates in several towns. cf http://sotawiki.net/sota/Lunar_Rift

bani likes this.
  4. bani

bani Avatar

If I try to go West, or South, eventually the word Novia appears on my screen and then I'm back to the screen that says Blood River Outskirts where, if I click Enter Area, I can only go to Riverside Landing or Elven Camp.

Update: oh, wait, I've just realized I can move in that screen! Here I go...

Kara Brae, Bowen Bloodgood and Jens_T like this.
  5. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

Have fun! If you see monsters (skeletons, bandits) on that overland map beware - these are encounters that will draw you into combat. Encounters on the road are generally simpler (tier 2) but still more difficult than the Blood River Outskirts. Encounters in forests / off the road a very difficult (tier 4). Generally you can (and should) flee if you believe a scene is too dangerous. (mobs have yellow, orange or red name plates)

bani likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

You can usually get around road encounters by keeping your distance though..

7. bani

bani Avatar

I think I might be missing another obvious thing about moving on the overland.
    The area where I am seem to be enclosed by mountains and rivers, and I'm having trouble crossing them.
    For reference this is where I'm talking about:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How am I supposed to get to Vertas from here?

8. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is a gap in the mountains a little further north. You need to first cross the river at Blood River and follow the road north. Vertas will be just through the afore mentioned gap.

bani likes this.
  9. bani

bani Avatar

I see, so I go to the not-overland in the Outskirts, cross, and after I walk a bit in that direction I'm back overland on the right side of the river?

Update: nevermind, found a bridge

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.