Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Path of Truth: Lost tasks and journal entries

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by bani, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bani

bani Avatar

Title: Lost tasks and journal entries
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker? not sure

Details:
    I was working through the quest of the Path of Truth and my last task completed was showing the bonesteel dagger to the appropriate person in Vertas, and I had two next steps related to this main quest which were about leaving Vertas to find a caravan and maybe delivering a book somewhere. These tasks no longer show up in my list, there are only three older tasks that were not related to the main story line. I also lost all journal entries after arriving in Blood River. I remember there was something related to talking to someone to help me with the Vertas passage but I don't remember who it was, and the blue markers in my compass are also gone. At this point I'm not sure I'd be able to make progress in the quest.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Not sure if related, but the last thing I did in game before it happened was using a piano. When I did that my avatar froze in a playing position and I had to Quit the game

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16225
    GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 GPU RAM: 4184
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.757.Date.03.30.18
    Area: Novia_R8_City_Vertas
    Area Display Name: Vertas
    Loc: (-93.5, 30.7, 36.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfQ2l0eV9WZXJ0YXN8fCgtOTMuNDUsIDMwLjY1MiwgMzUuOTY3KXwoMCwgLTAuOTk3LCAwLCAtMC4wODEpfDE3MC43MTA2fDEwfDEuMjU=

Ffred likes this.
  2. Ffred

Ffred Avatar

I encountered the same issue today as the OP and have additional details.

I talked to Kiakis in Vertas, showed him the bonesteel dagger and received a quest log entry to show the dagger to an innkeeper in Jaanford. After ending the conversation with Kiakis, the very next thing I did was quit the game (not exit to menu, the QUIT option that logs out). A few hours later I logged back in and selected "start on world map", and immediately upon appearing in Novia I noticed that the quest log entry previously mentioned was gone. I entered Vertas and talked to Kiakis again. I showed him the bonesteel dagger and he repeated his speal about showing the dagger to the inkeeper in Jaanaford just like the 1st time but this time the quest wasn't added to my journal. I'm going to head to Jaanaford and talk to the innkeeper and see if I can continue the quest line.

Edit:

I couldn't get through Vertas Pass, the route the quest told me to go, because it is a tier 5 area and I'm only competitive in Tier 3 areas right now. I found a long way from Vertas to Jaanaford via sea, and the Nightshade pass. The innkeeper in Jaanaford gave me the next task in the quest and it appears on my journal. Phew! Hope this info helps solve the problem.

4/6/2018 7:56 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12) System RAM: 16191
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18
    Area: Novia_R8_City_Vertas
    Area Display Name: Vertas
    Loc: (-95.9, 35.1, 0.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfQ2l0eV9WZXJ0YXN8fCgtOTUuODY0LCAzNS4wNTIsIDAuNjk2KXwoMCwgLTAuNTAyLCAwLCAwLjg2NSl8Mjk5Ljc2NDZ8OS4yOTQxMXwzLjM3MzExNg==

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.