Patterns of very low level items

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Bonulino, Nov 29, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

As my Tailoring, Carpentry and Blacksmithing skills have increased, I am getting more and more patterns when I salvage low level loot I pull from dead enemies. So, I'm getting patterns for things like dirty cloth helm, shoddy shortbow, rusty sword, etc. Are these things marketable, or should I just destroy them to clean out my inventory?

2. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

Or you sell them to a npc vendor to get some money.

Bonulino likes this.
  3. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

We have asked in the past for an option so if we want salvaged crafting materials and not patterns, or vice versa, we could choose between the two. I have never heard of any progress on that though.

ConjurerDragon and FrostII like this.
  4. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

I have been doing all my selling at NPC vendors, since I don't currently have my own vendor. Some things sell, others don't, even when I put extremely reasonable prices on them. But every time I list an item that expires, I lose 10 gold for the posting fee. If those patterns are completely unsellable, even on the NPC vendors at rock bottom prices, I would prefer to just destroy them.

FrostII likes this.
  5. Lained

Lained Avatar

Morkin means sell the items to an NPC merchant not list them for sale to a player via an NPC vendor.

FrostII and Bonulino like this.
  6. Bonulino

Bonulino Avatar

Aha! Now I understand! I sold them to one of the NPC merchants and got rid of a bunch of patterns that no one would want their equipment to look like! Thx, folks.

FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Also, note that NPC vendors do not all give you the same amount of gold for items that you sell to them. The NPC vendors in Owls Head and Castle Atos (and maybe there are a few others), will give you the most gold for stuff you sell to them (and its definitely more than the vendors in player owned towns).
    So, I sell all my weapons to the black smiths in either owls head or castle atos, and I sell all my crafting materials and recipes to the alchemy vendors in those towns.

FrostII likes this.
  8. Lained

Lained Avatar

9. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Speaking of patterns, is there a list of what does and does not have chance to salvage a pattern? I know 0 value gear doesn't. I was wondering about the Hunting Dagger.
    vj