Payment plan and house placement question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zarnof, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zarnof

Zarnof Avatar

I just decided to pledge to this today, and am excited about the game! I went with a payment plan when pledging, and will be pledging a certain amount every month for the next 8 months. I also have a plot of land/house with my pledge. When looking at the FAQ, I see that people will be able to choose based on pledge tier, and founder/benefactor status.

My question is this: are the timeframes to choose your lot after the game is already live (after September 2014), where they will just work down the list from the most expensive tiers get first pick at land and move down the list, with founders getting first pick of each tier? Or will lots be chosen before the game is officially released?

If it's the latter, and for example people are choosing lots in May of 2014, does my full intended pledge get calculated (the end tier I will eventually pay)? Or only what I have paid so far?

Thanks for the clarification!

Lord Baldrith and Roger36 like this.
  2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

We don't know when exactly, but it will be around launch. After beta, in any case.

3. Azur

Azur Avatar

This is the question that lots of people would like answering. The situation will become clearer as launch gets closer no doubt.

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Very good questions here...

If it were me, I would not allow people that have pledged via payment plan to select plots before those who have already paid in full. It seems logical as to why that would be. Likewise, if someone on a payment plan was scheduled to get a type of lot once all payments were completed, I would wait to allow said player the ability to use this home until all payments are made. Again, this seems like common sense to me.

5. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

So, you get your home and pay a mortgage, but wait 30 years before you can move in? Not sure if I follow your logic there. I believe all payment plans currently end prior to release so they'd be paid in full anyways.

I think the date they pledge and start payments is what you'll find as the determining factor when it comes to order. What I'm curious about is how will we be able to physically access the lots, when they're all over the place. Will plot maps be available, or will you physically have to travel to those locations to select one. I'm sure it'll all be worked out one way or the other.

NRaas likes this.
  6. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

You can cancel a payment plan whenever you wish. So why would the devs let you pick a lot, take up someone elses spot, and then two months later before release you just cancel or have insufficient funds or whatever? Meanwhile there will be someone that was behind you in line living in the swamps. Now multiply that times however many people will cancel their payment plans in the next 8 months.

7. Shadow

Shadow Avatar

Do you think they'll allow people to select lots that far in advance of release? With regards to lot selection order, they've already said it's by tier then founder and benefactor. What you're suggesting would be contrary to that. However, the easiest solution is to not allow the payments to extend past release and the lot selection process. Currently, you can't start a plan that would stretch that far. They would have to either reduce the total number of payments available as time goes on, or shut down the payment plans all together as time passes. The former is likely an easier solution. With the current payment plans, they don't track how long your payments go and that information isn't going to be readily available for them to use in lot selection. Order date is tracked.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I understand that lot placement order is allocated based on total pledge value and date of initial pledge. A time slot will be allocated prior to launch for each backer to place their house.

If the game launches in October, I wouldn't expect to see any of this happen until mid September at the earliest.

Sir Frank likes this.
  9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

One thing that would be interesting to know is if the whole world with all cities, towns and villages will be open to place housing prior to launch or will it just be certain areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.