Payment Plan Option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gideon, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon

Gideon Avatar

If I use the payment plan option do I get the use of that tier right away or at the end of the plan? I assume at the end but want to make sure.

SmokerKGB and Time Lord like this.
  2. bcxanth

bcxanth Avatar

I had the same question, and you get access right away, for a given value of "right" and "away." Basically a message is sent to the Devs, but it can take a couple of days for everything to update. At the time I set my plan up I was told to give it a couple of days, and if I still didn't have extra forum access and such to email them about it.

3. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You get access once you reach or exceed the value required for a tier.

Since it is possible to cancel the plan early, it is not really feasible to provide you access to Founder+ or Dev+ sections of the forum before you make the full payment. :)

EDIT: Proven incorrect.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Aye, as far as I understand it, when the item is fully paid for, you get it.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I wanted to pledge on a payment plan a "30 Year Lord of the Manor House Note" o_O
    Yet my bank said they wanted physical equity:(...
    But there's no way I ever want any bank to lay a finger on my SotA Non-Taxable Property Deed:D
    So I'll just stick with Lord's account and be happy:)
    ~TL~:rolleyes:

6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

This is the correct answer.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Here

What's Up With the Service Fees?
    There is a monthly service fee associated with the Layaway plan, thus increasing the overall amount paid for a tier. Part of this service fee goes to cover the monthly charges passed on to us from your payment provider (credit card, PayPal, or Amazon), part goes to cover our additional processing costs, and part covers the extra benefit you receive for reserving a potentially limited tier, and getting the rewards for that tier, prior to actually paying the full amount for that tier. For example, if you decide to make $80 monthly payments for the $800 Knight tier, we have to remove one of the Knight's pledges from the limited pool, and you immediately have access to the Private Developer Forums, even though you have only made one $80 payment. This would be unfair to all the backers that paid $400 or more in a single payment, so they could have access to the Private Developer Forums. The additional service fee you are paying each month covers these benefits.

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Thanks Gracekain, I stand corrected. :)

Gracekain likes this.
  9. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

np, i said the same as you once and was corrected myself. Technically it only makes sense to actually have to pay for the benefit to receive the privileges, but I guess forum access isn't that big of a deal anyway.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Greyform

Greyform Avatar

There was a question in another thread regarding the validity of this information. I can attest that as of June 30th 2014 this information is still current. pledging via layaway does gain access to the developer + forum while your plan is active but before it has been paid in full.

SmokerKGB and NRaas like this.
  11. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Excellent, thanks for the verification. :)

12. Angor

Angor Avatar

Payment plan? I am new and want to pledge, but I'm trying to figure what tier. I see the tiers , but am unsure of the founder and benefactor differences, and haven't read anything about a payment plan. That really makes a difference in the tier I could pledge.

13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Angora, there are a) royal founders that pledged during the kickstarter, b) founders that pledged or were received gifts before a deadline, which I can't remember but it has past, and c) benefactors which are anyone the pledges now. Royal founder and founder tiers are no longer available, only benefactor tiers.

Payment plans are available when you create your plans. Basically your pledge amount is divided into equal payments. The number of payments starts at the month you pledge and ends in February 2015. Each payment is automatically deducted using the payment method specified. The may be a service charge that is added to the pledge amount.

Arianna likes this.
  14. Angor

Angor Avatar

Thank you for the Information. That makes it a lot easier to pledge at a higher level. This is information that should be made known to more people.

Arianna likes this.
  15. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Angor

Ice Queen and Arianna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.