Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pelican Disconnects

Discussion in 'Release 33 Dev+' started by Tydes, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Loaded up on the QA server and was pretty keen to see this problem resovled. However it is still there. It seems to happen in the bigger cities.

I can handle zoning into Owls Head. When it hapens I get a network congestion error, which persists for about 30sec-60sec and then I am free to play.

However in an even bigger city like Brittany. The network error persists for 1min+ and then I get "pelican'ed".

A guild mate pointed out that he has better luck in Multiplayer which I found very curious, as in my mind that in multiplayer I would have more information to load than FPO or SPO modes. However he was correct. Most of the time I do not even experience the network congestion error, it is as if the load order for multiplayer happens differently. It happens on the zone in screen so that when my avatar appears, it already has the information loaded and it resolves the problem of loading a lot of data while I am in game.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for reporting. Could you include additional information including system specs, operating system, whether you're playing on Steam or Standalone, and which game mode specifically it is you're on when you're observing the network congestion issue.

Thank you.

3. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

Sure thing.

Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60ghz
    16GB ram.
    Windows 10 x64

Playing through steam.
    Game mode: friends-online. Occasionally get it on multiplayer as well but it is a rare occurrence compared to friends-online which I would say is constant.

Also playing from Australia with adsl2. Friends with fibre don't get this problem which may have something to do with the amount of data I'm sending? Our upstreams are throttled here. Here is a speed test i did to 'tyler, tx', not sure if that is near the server. ( http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5574641242 )

4. Tydes

Tydes Avatar

After you asked what client I was playing with, I decided to download the sota launcher and give that a go.

Was hoping for the best, but unfortunately the same results.

5. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

[​IMG] this happens everytime I try to go into Brittany Alleys for the last 20 min whether I am in single mode or multi mode

Tydes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.