Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Penalize blue healers

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Murdock, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

problem is during a pvp battle they are healing your pvp opponent! And there's nothing you can do! If a non pvp was healing and then turned pvp automatically i would kill off that healer first then continue on my opponent! But we cant even do that! If you dont flag PVP you cannot have PVP rights (healing being one of them!)

Moonshadow likes this.
  2. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

What's wrong with having blue healers tagging along?
    A blue healer is a resource available to everyone. Same as you gear up to go to PvP you might as well check your blue healer companion.

Obviously, it seems to be the play style preferred by some PvP players. Just 'cause some don't like it does not mean that it is wrong or "evil".
    And remember, we are in pre-alpha, so it might be changed. For the moment, though, expect some grieving if you feel grieved by blue healers.
    But as we all know in SotA nearly all the PvP players are honorable, and the few rotten PKs will be brought to justice by the overwhelming majority of noble PKs, right?

ThurisazSheol and tekkamansoul like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think there should be a short time period when you spawn from death or into an area that you spawn too, where you are immune to all attackers so you can either run in town where guards will kill off pkrs, or leave the area all together. but there definately need to be an immunity time like 15 20 seconds

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

This is a certain way to become a target in PVP. thats all i can say about this statement! If your healing a fighter in a PVP match and are PVE your just as bad as those that spawn Kill at res points! That also would be the reason i attack you in game, and it would be justified!

5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

KOS is for PVP not PVE! Your gonna have so many people targeting you with KOS for interfereing!!!! Either flag for PVP or dont, you cant have both, where you are untouchable! by either!

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

you also have to keep in mind your reasons for a KOS may be different than others! and you may not even know why so and so just got ganked!? maybe he ganked some noob from a big guild! and now that guild has him on KOS! Let the PVPrs play thier game and the PVErs play thiers without interference of either!

Moonshadow likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

So you will hold all PVP accountable for the few? We can only do so much as a Pk hunter! but since youll be in PVE youll have nothing o worry about! :mad:

Moonshadow likes this.
  8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I want to apologize for so many posts in a row, but im at work and i just came across this most important thread! :)

Moonshadow likes this.
  9. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

I am saying
    the rest is just candy to make others aware that grieving is a matter of perception. There is no honor with anonymous players, people eploit if they can. And if someone else has to suffer then it is even more appreciated. Nowadays just being flagged for PvP does not mean that you MUST attack everyone else who is flagged. Nor does it mean that you want to be jumped at each tree you pass by a tug.
    Times have changed drastically, players as well.
    If you look at the posts (also on yours) you might notice that everything has become more personal and is taken more personal. Just as you seem to try reaching some "my post score is bigger than yours" by replying n-times in this thread.Goes hand in hand with the "my signature is bigger than yours".

10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Actually im working nights and i just got around to reading this post and have been quoting a few of them and liking them. So no need to get aggressive. Im one of the PVP that doesn't go around killing others just because they are PVP! and you are right its not like the old days, because of my experience in the old days, i became a PK hunter! Instead of "boo hooing" about it, i choose do do something about it! Which i do and all the Pks in this game know, that i will hunt them down!
    I know all of them! and i talk to most of them! They in turn will hunt me and im really ok with that! I am not ok with PVE messing my PVP game up! Just like you would hate it if i could roll up on you and gank you! Messing your game up.
    Your a newer poster here in the forums, and i would expect a reply from you like "my post score is bigger than yours is your motive" which it is not! Ive just been here longer and most people already know me, and know i work nights and sometimes get around to posts a little later that others. and consecutively since i work while most are asleep!
    So now you know me, , I am an avid PVP and if a blue heals my target i will stop at nothing to find a way to drop them! I am also a PK hunter, you know the ones in the old days that would kill off the pkr that killed you and bring you back your stuff, that the pk took from you , or better stuff that the Pk had on him! That would be me. i expect that the next time we have a conversation in the forums it would be a little better since now you know me!!

11. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

It doesn't look like anyone disagrees with the notion that immortal unflagged healers cannot be allowed to affect PvP combat without putting aside their immortality (by flagging). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone is arguing for the same thing. Also, I know you would never do anything to betray your honor blaquerogue, and it wouldn't be worthy of notice if it were a mere double or triple post, but you can't blame Good Speed for calling out a septuple post. I've never even seen that before! There is an edit button ya know :p

blaquerogue likes this.
  12. LordEnglish

LordEnglish Avatar

Some thoughts on a possible system to allow PVPers, PVEers, and those like me who are mix of them both to co-exist.

After a PVP (or mixed PVP/PVE) death, when you revive you are unflagged for a short while (5 seconds for arguments sake). This is your grace period.
    During that time there is a popup "Renewing PVP flag in X seconds..." which counts down your grace period. So the default is "down but not out".
    On that popup there is a "remove PVP flag" button. If you take the button to remove PVP, you automatically do an "I yield" emote of some sort. And/or something goes into chat "LordEnglish has yielded".

If you feel you're being griefed, you can unflag (unless the whole zone is a PVP map). You (and your opponents) have a known time period where you're "out of the fight" even if you get a resurrection spell from a PVP player on your team. It short enough that you can't really heal or recuperate that much.

When you flag for PVP (at any time) it puts a chat message "LordEnglish is preparing to fight" and it takes 5 seconds before your PVP flag is on. This stops someone from clicking the "remove PVP flag" button, people ignore that player, then they immediately hop back into the fight as a surprise assault.
    If you heal someone PVP flagged, you also get the "... is preparing to fight" message. If you hadn't really planned to do that, you have a few seconds "headstart" to run away. Your single heal is unlikely to have made a HUGE impact on the fight.

This would also help people avoid getting "flash zerged" where lots of people near you all flag for PVP simultaneously. Your chat would be spammed like crazy with "preparing to fight" messages and you can try to run! If you're really hardcore you can disable the "PVP chatter" messages. But then don't blame me if that crowd of "spectators" all flag at once and gank you 5 seconds later. Perhaps also a brief visual effect when someone near you PVP flags as well? The compass gets a red pulse? (again you can turn the compass off, so you could effectively disable this warning too if you want to). Maybe this only happens if your own PVP flag is on, to avoid flashing UI elements for a pure PVE player.

The "has yielded" messages in chat will give the PVP fans a nice sense of victory. Not only did you down them, but you got them to yield as well.

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

I have no idea how to solve the issue, but I do remember that it was a sport in the old UO to get Trammies who took a look at Fell flagged in any way possible.
    May it be a red or grey hidden next to someone for a mass heal, an AoE attack with someone or whatever.
    It was a sport to get them, kill them, run off and commit suicide just to give a Trammie a kill count.
    Even back then the grievers were there and it was a sport.
    These days, the grievers are much more frequent and better organized. So I do expect a lot of unpleasant times to come along. Being in PvP is opening yourself to being the target of grieving.

I am not against PvP as such, what I am against is unfair or useless idiotic fighting.
    Be it level/gear/skill/afk ... I like a challenge, I like PvP. But I see no reason to go with my level 10 against a level 40 player in full armor.
    Just does not make sense.
    As for the blue healer issue ... I would recommend if you encounter someone with an attached healer to disengage, which I call common sense. But that is me, I play for fun, not for honor.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  14. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I can vouch for blaquerogue being one of the honorable PvPers.

People who have a non-flagged player tag along and heal them are cheaters. Don't expect this behavior to be permissible for very long.

Moonshadow and blaquerogue like this.
  15. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

That should simply not work, I'm not in favor of it flagging the blue into PvP but the heal ineffective.

Moonshadow and blaquerogue like this.
  16. Clatter Hatter

Clatter Hatter Avatar

What I saw so far of PvP in open world was mostly attacking someone AFK (i.e. not fighting back) or in a dialogue.
    And 2 or 3 vs 1 ganking.
    Spawn killing was mentioned.
    So, in my eyes PvP is as it usually is these days, a lot of immature idiots trying to destroy PvP and annoy others even before it has started.
    And as I will most likely not see blaquerogue as PvP'er as he seems to be OK.
    I really hope that there are more players out there that really want to PvP, and not just get cheap kills for the lolz. We will see what kind of mischief open PvP turns out to create.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  17. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

lol yeah but i start reading the thread and after i read something i post to it. :) i am bad for that when i get on a roll! becoming passionate! LOL :) Ill try to put all in one post, next time or best i can!

@Good Speed
    As for the blue healer issue ... I would recommend if you encounter someone with an attached healer to disengage, which I call common sense. But that is me, I play for fun, not for honor.[/quote]

yeah but sometimes like yesterday i was in the middle of a pvp fight and didnt know that person had a healer with them, until after half life or more was gone, which ended in my death! Yeah you cant win them all but it pretty much the equivalent of being ganked in UO, before tram.

18. King Dane

King Dane Avatar

I would argue that it's even worse than being ganked in pre-tram UO since in that situation, none of the gankers are immune to combat. This healer issue is more like fighting someone in UO and having an Admin or GM show up and start healing them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.