Pet AI is weird

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Deus Blackheart, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Deus Blackheart

Deus Blackheart Avatar

Hello fellow players,
    It is in fact yer boi Blackheart back on the forums again (I know, I'm not sure how my essays aren't banned) and during my most latest stream I noticed something strange about my summoned beat-stick "Big Man James" as I was wandering around K'rull. Big Man James is a Lich, and as such as no ranged attacks so when he takes any damage from the mobs on top of the buildings, he drops what he's doing, and runs (floats?) at full speed to run up the nearest steps and either promptly gets absolutely decimated or I recall him, only for him to run off again.

Now until my last stream, I've usually had him on "Aggressive" as I like him being very active, however I tried switching him to defensive as I noticed that he was running off or glitching and staying still, not even attacking people that were in front of him. As far as I can tell, this seems to be an issue within the Agro system. With a bit of deduction (and presumption) it appears that the reason for this is due to how the game calculates a valid target.

I hypothesize that the way the game interprets valid targets is in a cylinder, ignoring height, when it might be more efficient (and a lot less annoying in urban or height differential scenes) for it to be calculated as a sphere. Would very much like to hear anything from the devs on this as the agro system seems to work on arcane runes carved into the very code, and I would entirely believe you if it wasn't even legible code to make it work.

2. Segalleon2

Segalleon2 Avatar

I find myself having to set them to another stance and then back to aggressive before they attack. I have taken to just right-clicking on the enemies and giving the attack command manually.