Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet Command Attack Hot Key still broken

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Weins201, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Set the Pet Attack Command to Left Ctrl "A" and it still is broken. I have to right click on either pet or target to have pet attack , hum been a few releases since this has been broken?

Loc: (106.5, 8.3, 68.1) Area: Novia_R4_Hills01_VaubanPassSotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.441.Date.07.06.16GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU RAM: 8093CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32636OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bitUser Specs:Steps to Reproduce: Details: Blocker? Reproduction Rate: Title: 7/8/2016 9:42 PM

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Pet Attack Target appears to be working as intended and will be based on either reticle position or cursor position at the time the command is given.

Reticle Mode:
    1. If reticle is not on top of a target when command is given: "Pet ignored your command" appears in chat
    2. If reticle is on top of a target when command is given: "You commanded your pet to attack X"

In Cursor Mode:
    1. If cursor is not on top of a target when command is given: "Pet ignored your command" appears in chat
    2. If cursor is on top of a target when command is given: "You commanded your pet to attack X"
    3. If reticle is on top of target but cursor is not: "Pet ignored your command"

If you could verify. This is how the system is behaving based on internal testing. If you're not seeing this, we may need more information to test under your specific conditions.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok why is it based on where the reticle or cursor is. It should not bee what if I want it to attack a target off to my left while I am fighting what is in front of me. I cycle thru the targets using the "G" key and find the one I want it to attack and it should go after that one.

The reticle / cursor targeting and relying on it has been the bane of the attack/command issues ever since they where implemented and this is just another perfect example of what is / was broken with this mentality.

Pet should be able to be commanded to attack targets that are primary by being the health bar I have active - same issue for healing.

reticles / cursors have completely borked this game, when are you all going to figure it out?

I will check on this cursor system and see if it is working but why is there a target health bar if it mean nothing - :-( Sorry but if this is how it works it sucks.

Abraxas and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback. Submitting for review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.