Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet Disposition

Discussion in 'Release 37 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What I've discovered from the three setting is this: If set to aggressive then my pet will attack anything that I target. If set to defensive then my pet will only attack mobs that score a hit on me. If set to passive then my pet will do nothing and just follow me around.

What I want is for my pet to start attacking if a mob scores a hit on me or I score a hit on a mob. This is how I feel the defensive disposition should work. Either that or there should be a new disposition called "active", or something like that.

Lazlo likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Indeed it should.

I personally don't believe "Aggressive" should ever be a thing. Why would you ever want the AI to pick a target on its own if not for AFK grinding? Manually telling your pet to attack a target should override the "attack what I'm attacking" logic to allow you to fight 2 things at once (or more if you or your pet can tank).

Barugon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I can understand those who want their pet to take the heat while they stand back and cast spells. Aggressive works for this. I, however, want the mobs to target me but I also want my pet to immediately engage what I'm fighting.

4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'm saying that Defensive stance (if it worked the way you and I want/expect it to work) should handle that need just as well without having a pet that goes crazy and attack everything in sight.

Barugon likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That plus being able to right click a mob and tell your pet to attack it should be all that's necessary.

Gix likes this.
  6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

There may be times where you may want your pet attacking something other than your current target. For instance, say you are trying to take out a Melee mob and an Archer mob is heading toward you. You may want to have pet attack the Archer mob in the hopes of diverting the archers attention away from you. Anyway, you can use the preset NumberPad 6 key to command a pet to attack a particular target. I use it often whn I want the pet to keep a certain mob occupied while I take care of something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.