Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pet resurrection is inconsistent

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Syznow, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I am glad this release closes the loophole on pet resurrection leaving a scene, but the current method is inconsistent with the way I resurrect pets. I do not have the pet resurrection skill at all since I trained resurrection on the life skill tree. I have always used life resurrection to resurrect my pets, but that does not work after leaving a scene. It does work within a scene which makes the whole pet rez thing inconsistent.

I know that life healing also will heal pets, so we need some consistency on whether life healing and resurrection will work on pets or not. Either they should work in all cases or not work at all. Why add confusion by having it work sometiems and not other times?

I would just like to know if this is as intended. I would rather not train animal resurrection after havign traing up to life resurrection unless the intention is for only that skill to resurrect pets. A bit of developer clarification would be appreciated.

Birne Gilmore and x_Selene_x like this.
  2. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Japp, a little bit paradox. I wish that all pet skills would work only on pets but would autotarget it. It's most annoying to cast a spell to heal your pet and them heal yourself because it's not centered in view. Same with the resurrection. You can cast it, but it doesn't work if you have not targeted the pet (just a waste of mats and time).

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like heal and res creature work on both pets and outlanders. There is no way i can be effective with two trees with healing being specialized, and other trees for attack as pets cannot tank effectively.

lollie likes this.
  4. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

My feelings are also that heal/resurrection should require only training them in one tree. The problem is now that they require me to train 2 trees if I want to use the new behavior for pet rez after leaving a scene. So pet rez within a scene and after exiting a scene can use different skills. I think this will be a confusing behavior.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.