Pet Rez Timer

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Kelanor, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

Is there any chance you would extend the pet rez timer past 5 minutes?
    Or at least make the pet name like pulsate red or something?
    There are times when i'm not even aware my pet is dead until i look up and see the grey name and realize there is only like 1 minute left on that rez timer.

A pulsating name that screams "HEY STUPID, YOUR PET IS DEAD" would be awesome. :)
    Either that or longer timer. Or both. Thanks again! :)

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes please. I'd be fine with no rez timer increase if there were ANY indication otherwise that I need to do something important.

Lord Trady of Blix likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Umm I know this might not be popular,

but if you are using a Pet, and it Dies,

and you do not have the wherewithal to see your PET has been killed

then sorry but the pet is better off dead.

However another indicator like the Per name goes Red and Pulsates could not hurt.

4. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

I love my pets to death, but 5 minutes is a very small time window for life to happen. I went to the bathroom the other day with my character at the edge of a zone, came back, i was dead, pet was dead, and when i revived the timer had expired, pet gone. I know other people that take much long to take a dump than me fyi, cmon. Give me at least a couple more minutes in peace to take an emergency flush. :oops:

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Show us the timer, please.

6. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

and flash it Red, Bright Bold, Large Print. Red. :)

7. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Maybe that could be the reason you level Resurrect Creature past 40, to increase the time frame you have to rez your pet before it vanishes forever.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

There's weird stuff that happens tho. We all know the unusual bugs that occur if we've spent any serious playtime in this game. Resurrecting creatures that don't resurrect. Animations that don't play and then play. Creatures that suddenly are dead and gone without real understanding of why.

At least seeing the timer in the upper right would allow us to understand what's actually occuring.

Perashim likes this.
  9. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

Yeah, but I was tossing out an idea to make Rez Creature actually worth training :p

10. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

That would be a very nice addition. I like it. Pet Rez increases your death timer before pet is gone forever. And on top of that a flashing BIG red indicator where your pet's name is showing you how much time you have left before it's GONE FOREVER. :)

Perashim likes this.
  11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yea, some kind of indicator that the pet has died would be helpful. Last week, I lost an Obsidian Destroyer when I bumped into a large group of ghosts in Mysterious Swamp. I got caught by surprise by how many there were in that lil cabin and within less than a minute, my bear was nearly dead (so I thought) and I hit my hotkey to Dismiss the pet. It disappeared so I thought I had successfully dismissed it before it died.

After a long while I was able to survive through killing all the ghosts (with hit and run tactics) and then I went to resummon my bear... only to discover he actually died in the fight and was now gone.

Had I known it died and was not Dismissed, I would have rez'd it before trying to spend 10 minutes killing the ghosts and the rez timer expiring.

I think it would be really helpful if an actual rez countdown timer appeared on the screen if/when they actually die... letting you know just how much time you have left to rez the pet.

In my case, I didn't even realize it was dead as I thought I had successfully dismissed it before it died. There might have been a combat log message saying it did, but a.) I don't always watch the log when I fight stuff and, b.) there were a half dozen or more ghosts on me at that time and I'd imagine the combat log would have scrolled by so fast I wouldn't have noticed it even if I was watching it.

12. Storm Silverhand

Storm Silverhand Avatar

Well @Daxxe Diggler Sorry to here about you loss , its player like yourself that lose there pets that keep me busy collecting and in the life style im accustomed to :)P) , you will finds storms pets for sale in Oceania (Off the coast of Ardoris) , and in owls head ,doo feel free to purchase a new one , or if your inclined you could join a master Tamer (me) and ill give you one for a 20000igg of your purchase , when i get your purchase reciept ( 1 Only) , you might even learn a trick or two , to add to your taming skill rep

13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Another vote here for making it obvious that your pet is dead.

I have lost 3 pets so far. I am actually good at keeping track of them when we are fighting, it is when nothing strong enough to hurt him is around that is the problem. The first I lost during the main quest where I just had to talk to someone then leave but there was this little stream of lava that you have to hop over (maybe in artiface?). Well corpians don't hop and I didn't find out he torched himself until I teleported home and he wasn't with me. Second was similar, bears think they can swim in lava. Third pet I lost somehow in a POT when I was fishing so that was probably just some type of bug. I can tame my own replacement pets, but it is still sad to let a friend down!

Lugonal and Floors like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.