Petition / Poll to remove teleport scrolls now global bank / skipping checkpoints & sieges is in R57

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fazza, Aug 23, 2018.

Tags:
?

With global bank and skipping checkpoints/sieges, should we now finally retire the teleport scrolls?

1. Yeah!

24.6%
  2. No. I like the current system

75.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Everyone plays differently. But the price of scrolls is so cheap, anyone I know that uses them keeps a stack of about 200 on them at all times unless in PVP.

2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

If you don't want the world to feel small and empty, then the solution is to remove the private/party modes. Teleport scrolls still don't factor in to that.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Treasure chests can be plotted randomly / time outs between looting, this negates the chance of excessive greed / cheating and if there's a puzzle blocking an entrance way make it so you can't mark a rune passed that point? I seem to recall (excuse the pun) you couldn't mark runes to enter Wind in UO.

Auction houses remove the hassle of visiting anywhere that's a waste of precious time basically and no I wasn't being facetious about it at all; I can't abide going into PoT's at all, bar the one I live in (DoD town) and see little point in doing so unless it's on a quest or to run someone's player dungeon when they come out / work properly. I don't 'do' events as like many of the player base driven away from game by the excessive leanings to non combat activities. I prefer to hit stuff a lot and beat content that requires some thought on tic tac's employed; Chris's feedback yesterday re more areas like UT being a necessity made me whoop and holler louder than a I've done since clearing the mage room in the Rise solo.

So in short yes to auction houses and generating crafters gold properly in a global market driven economy (bit like RL) and three cheers for runes if they ever come in, I'd even sub the game if that was introduced as it's a real game changer for many players

Witcheypoo and Mishikal like this.
  4. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Cant do that. Kickstarter promises and the game was sold on the idea of muliple ways to play from the very start.
    Teleport scrolls means nobody even has to walk past another player on the world map ever. And it takes no time at all with siege and controlpoint skips in place.

Granted - load times really do need to be sub-15 seconds for a smooth transition between overword and scenes.

5. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

There would be no game world left at this stage. :)

Clicker heros could be the game for you!

6. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Youd get a hell yea if they added mark n recall

Astirian, FrostII, Witcheypoo and 2 others like this.
  7. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Well I guess the people have spoken with votes. :)

Twas just an idea to make the game feel like a world!

8. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I never see people on the world map now, because I play in private unless I'm going to a dance party or something, and then I'm in a town. And I prefer it that way. So while you may want to see people all over, I don't. ;)

Fungus likes this.
  9. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I think that's being a bit disingenuous sir, I'd like meaningful content to contend with that takes thought and team work to overcome. Auction houses give me the ability to buy gear from top end crafters that suit my needs without running round empty bland PoT's that bring nothing to the game to find that extra +1 on my leather thong.

Me having a teleport scroll to port around doesn't stop you from walking there if that's how you prefer to play, we're all different and I respect your right to get there however you feel works for you but if said items on an auction house my point is I'm more likely to buy it, I'll rephrase that it's actually the only way I'd buy it as I will never walk to a PoT in the middle of no where to look for it as it might be there on the off chance......................... I'd buy a lottery ticket first and I don't do that either.

It's a little dramatic to conclude there'd be no game world left at this stage; the key reason the games switching to global banking, free player house if you complete main quest line etc. is purely because the player base is so alarmingly small due to the current draconian stance that puts off casual player who will keep the game funded far longer than us disillusioned day one old kick starters

Witcheypoo and Greyfox like this.
  10. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I've seen you running over the world map in your pink tutu and feather boa racing to the party, just a pity you weren't flagged for PvP :p

Mishikal likes this.
  11. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Currently, there were two threads about.
    One here, another here.

I didn't vote, because yes for teleportation, but no like it is at the moment!

My suggestions:
    1. I would prefer a MAGIC SKILL to LEARN how to teleport. Would be great for the AIR Skill tree.
    So may be it could be possible (for a MASTER) to teleport around without scrolls!

2. Teleportation should be restricted by
    2.1 RADIUS (a second skill to raise the radius. It shouldn't be possible to teleport between land masses / continents: because we have lunar rifts and boats to keep them meaningful!)
    2.2 FOCUS
    2.3 WEIGHT (I know it has influence, but not depending on distance!)

--> This would be good for the local economy
    ---> A good reason for the use of horses / donkeys.

12. golruul

golruul Avatar

No, leave teleport scrolls as they are.

If you don't want to use teleport scrolls, then don't use them. If you don't like your "friends" list actually being a teleport list, then don't use it like that.

If I only have 20-30 minutes a day available to play the game, I don't want 2-3 minutes of that to be occupied by useless overworld travel.

Not all of us can dedicate hours upon hours a day playing the game.

Mishras, Scanphor, Jaesun and 2 others like this.
  13. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Never fear, a lot more people will be using the map now that it only takes a couple minutes to get from Resolute to Aerie (2 minutes exactly). I will be making that trip via the world map much much more than via teleport now.

However, don't remove teleport scrolls. They are a boon to social events. The hassle of trying to figure out where the town that everyone is in ("It's over by Northwood", "Where's that?" "It's to the left of North Shattered Vauben Plains", "Where's that?").

Yes, the event host can make an LFG, and then people can add to the group and then teleport and then drop out of the group (since no teleport scrolls the LFG is the only functioning teleport) or be kicked from the group so more can join.... when the event host should really be focusing on other things.

Additionally, not everyone knows of or remembers LFG, but when you see "Oh, there's 50 people in the S Mart Factorium, that's where the parties at!" and you just teleport there, it really is a great way to keep the social aspect flowing.

So I voted no. Removing teleport scrolls is going backwards.

Scanphor, FrostII and Mishikal like this.
  14. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Voted no, not going to go deep into it, but i feel we should have MORE ways to travel, not less.

Scanphor and Mishikal like this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That won't help. According to my friends list, everyone is in different places anyhow, with a few exceptions like Upper Tears and anywhere that happens to have a social event at the moment. There are simply too many places to go for our current population. POTs are a bigger problem than modes.

FrostII, Alley Oop and Mishikal like this.
  16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I'm not really saying it's a viable solution. But as long as those modes exist, you're not going to see a lot of traffic on the world map no matter what's done. It's simply too useful to stay in private/party modes. And I'd probably stop playing if those modes went away.

I think part of the problem is this idea that a game has to be/should be social. Those who want to be social can go into multiplayer. I prefer being able to play in peace. I.e., I play games to get away from a social experience, not because I want more of one.

Alley Oop likes this.
  17. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

Leave it how it is and to be honest I want the recall/mark/runebook/portal from UO. If anything they should fix/change the bloody moongates I have not touched those things once cause of how pointless they are.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Scanphor, Arradin and Mishikal like this.
  18. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I’m sure eventually they will probably find a new use for the scrolls. The existing use for them is just fine.

Mishikal likes this.
  19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You're not going to see anybody no matter what mode they are in if they're scattered around dozens of different POTs. Everyone in my FL could be in open mode and I would still hardly see anyone. With a few exceptions, nobody in my FL is ever in the same place. Just sort by location and you'll probably see the same thing. The world is simply TOO BIG right now. It was scaled up for a population that never came. It makes the emptiness seem worse because there is so much world to be empty.
    And I don't have a problem with that, except that maybe if you don't have a very big FL, you can't see how spread out people are. Adding sort-by-location made it blindingly obvious to me that getting rid of private modes won't fix anything.

20. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Oh my goodness they're letting us skip CPs? This is fantastic news!

Scanphor and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.