Phonograph use

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Xenar, May 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenar

Xenar Avatar

I have a regular and a Shooter Jennings Phonograph, and the wax cylinders that go with them. I placed the Shooter Jennings phonograph in my house, but can't figure out how to play the cylinders. I double clicked the phonograph to "open" it, and tried to drag cylinders from the shelf into the open box. It won't drag there. Similarly, I have tried dragging the cylinder onto the phonograph with a negative result.

I have tried all sorts of the cylinders, but nothing moves into place and plays.

Am I missing something?

[Edit] Yes I was missing something. The cylinders have to be in your inventory to show up in the phonograph. So I need to get a bag to put the cylinders in that I can leave in the music room, and pull out when I want to listen to music..

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

[QUOTE="Bones13 [MGT]
    [Edit] Yes I was missing something. The cylinders have to be in your inventory to show up in the phonograph. So I need to get a bag to put the cylinders in that I can leave in the music room, and pull out when I want to listen to music..[/QUOTE]

Now I want to know how to make cylinders :D

Nelzie and Fionwyn Wyldemane like this.
  3. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Can we make music cylinders?

Nelzie likes this.
  4. Nelzie

Nelzie Avatar

Yeah, I wish we could make and or loot more/new cylinders. I only have the one currently, the 1st chapter of the SOTA Book.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the devs have made custom cylinders before: it's an option for some pots that actually got someone to record them a themesong. it's work on their end, though, and even if they automated the tech part they'd still have to supervise to make sure the thing you want to make a cylinder is something you're ALLOWED to make a cylinder of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.