Pillars of Eternity Lead Narrative Designer talks about Companions

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

smack likes this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I'm concerned by a statement that I saw (by DS I believe) that you will be able to have one pet or hireling out at a given moment, and in Episode 1, you won't be able to set even passive/aggressive AI for them. Full on parties seem unlikely, and it doesn't sound like proper companions are being prioritized.

3. smack

smack Avatar

Well let's not confuse Companions with hirelings or pets. I think the Companions in this context refers to the more meaningful, story-based ones such as Yolo, Dupray, Shimano, etc. I'm not too concerned about the number of inconsequential ones as they'll continue to expand on the AI for those. So for now, they'll likely just auto-attack when we do, if at all.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Have we seen a dev state these are two different systems? Again, this is what suddenly concerns me.

5. smack

smack Avatar

I'll have to dig up the videos and posts where Richard and Starr answered questions related to this. I think some of those answers came from interviews or articles not on this site but I think I know where those are. But yeah, the Companions are a separate thing and they will only be in your party for certain segments of the game as part of the storyline. Think it's time for another question of the week on this for an update, perhaps?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.