1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Placeable 'Fishing Bubbles' for POTs

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Mapper, Feb 25, 2023.

1. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

In Central Brit and many other scenes you can find bubbles in the ocean near docks that give a higher fishing chance percentage, It would be nice if you could place these in POTs too. Would probably want to have a limit to how many a POT can have of course to stop someone putting them everywhere!

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Wonder if that is just a bug? I would assume the water in POT's would have a chance to have those *occasionally* in the water in their town. I could not find any in my towns water surface, using the Saltwater statue.

Players being allowed to manually placing those in a POT, would be, for very and obvious reasons, bad....

3. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Well I thought they were a random chance as well, but if you go to Central Brit or Kings Port they are always in the same spot, so I think they are manually set.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah. Those might be only manually set? I guess, maybe it would be nice if they at least, have a chance to show up in POT water? But no idea if they even have tech that could do that (or not).

Mapper likes this.
  5. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

Aye I would be happy with a random chance in a POT vs them being placeable.

Anpu likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

they are manually placed and they're not placed in pots because there's no way of knowing where there might be an interfering water lot. i don't know technically if they COULD be player placeable.

7. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

We call these special fishing locations "Fishin Hotspots." They are a special type of resource node that can affect the loot that avatars can collect while fishing. You'll mostly see them in adventuring scenes, but sometimes you'll also see them in NPC towns. There are no plans to add these types of resource nodes as deco for players to place. (Or are you just hoping to have a bubbles effects deco object without a resource/loot change?)

8. Mapper

Mapper Bug Hunter

The option to place as deco would be a nice feature, but I totally get why you wouldn't want the resource version being placable. All good! Thank you for the detailed reply.

FBohler and Anpu like this.
  9. Lained

Lained Avatar

Though confusing for anglers trying to figure out why they're not getting a bonus.

FBohler and Alley Oop like this.
  10. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

but then after trying again and again a 'gator leaps out and drags the fisher into the water ;)

11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Or teleports him to another continent. Going through the maelstrom has a tradition...

Fiero Steele likes this.