Placing any type of house anywhere

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Caveloot.com Owner, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

Sorry if this suggestion has been made, and maybe its a bad idea or a pointless idea because of things planned that I know nothing about :)

Should housing storage be defined by house, lot, or separately by a combination of the two (you buy houses separate from lots. you could put say a castle on a village lot and the castle might have a lot of slots that it comes with where as the village lot has few)?

That said, one thing that makes it a moot idea is if the plan is that the only detriment to say a village house vs. a city house is traffic and protection you get for it and Not the storage available and all houses have the same storage amount. That said that's more then "only" but pretty major, so I think having the same storage space for everyone is more then fair.

That's where my thought on the whole idea went to, is that it would be better to just give everyone the same space. given the duel map system I think that is probably possible without becoming a tax to the server and still allowing that amount of space to be generous (if anything compared to say like..UO, very generous compared to todays MMO standards).

What made me think of this is in my UO days I had 5 houses. 3 in Fel grouped together and isolated in its own area (I bought up all the small housing over time and placed larger stuff) and two in Trem. Not isolated but a side by side full tower and a l-shaped two story. I did not own a castle. I purchased with gold and donated to guilds probably over 50 houses including a few full sized towers (I was a rather good rares dealer and so made a LOT of gold, and knew a lot of people and could pull a lot of favors, etc). I never owned a castle, and I could have several times if I had really wanted. The reason I never tried to get my hands on one, or buy up the land for one (which I probably had done a few times to give guilds their own town. Think I did that 3 times) was because I HATED the layout of the castle. Yet the castle had a lot more storage then any other house. So while I could get a castle, fair an square using in game mechanics and in game currency, I never did but was always not being able to get that reward because of the layout.

So I personally love the idea that since the different land types already have built in penalties, of location and protection, no major need to add a storage space limitation in addition to that if it wouldn't be taxing to the server. Another thing is that any tier that a kickstarter purchased that came with a house, also came with a lot of in game swag from that tier and the ones below that are house decors. It would kinda bite to have that take up most of your house space and then not leave very much room for your own personal in game obtained d?cor. so given that space should be fairly generous even at a village level from what I can see. If that ability is there as it appears its going to need to be, then I say just make all house storage equal given the other penalties/benefits (half full/half empty viewpoint).

2. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

The village, town, and city lots will be the same size. The type of house you can build on the lot is based on what type of lot. The castle waterfront lots are said to be quadrupal the regular lot size. You will not be able to build anywhere. Only on an open lot and only if you have a deed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.