Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Planting Question for the Devs?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Toff, Sep 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toff

Toff Avatar

Do you have any idea when we will be able to gather water as a resource rather than buying buckets of water from the NPC vendors at 4gp each?

I've been experimenting with planting and ran a few numbers. I'll use Garlic for an example.

Garlic seed.......................16gp (1x)
    Buckets of water..............4gp (x4) = 16gp
    Fertilizer..........................?gp

Total = 32gp
    Yields - 3 Garlic
    Total cost per Reagents = 10.6gp

Even if you take the water out of the equation you still pay 5.33gp / reagent to plant. Or you can just buy them from a vendor for 4gp.

As a short term solution I would like to see the reagents cost around half as much to grow as to buy from an NPC vendor. If you are not ready to implement gathering water now could you at least drop the price of Buckets of water to 1gp? Or up the Yields to make the math work?

Long run I would like the economy to sustain it self by players supplying these resources and let the supply and demand dictate prices. I believe these changes need to come soon in order to establish a firmly established reagent market before launch. For now I'll just do what everyone else is doing and buy from a vendor. ;)

2. Toff

Toff Avatar

P.S. Please don't raise the cost of Reagents on the vendors to correct this and say it was my idea. I'll have players with torches surrounding my home in Kingsport.

zyxe and Acred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.