Player Crafter Dungeon Request: Access Stats

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Black Tortoise, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

So we already to some recent access stats for things like pulbic containers. Could that tech be adapted to dungeon (and also hopefully basement) access?

I would like my basement and dungeon to be public places that players wander into, and Id like to see general numbers of how many times someone entered my dungeon or basement. I loved this feature when you clicked on the house plaques in UO, esp for my vendor shops. I think its actually part of the immersion, since my vendors and myself are real people in this immersed world, as is my automaton, so Id be able to get a feel for how many people are coming and going just by observing and talking with my vendor friends. This can just be simplified by "X many people over all time, Y many people last month, Z many people this month".

Id really like some slightly deeper analytics, like average time spent in the basement/dungeon, longest time spent, etc. I wont take this as far as requesting heatmaps :), though, given my immersion argument, I think it would be obvious to a business owner which room people hang out in the most and which the least (hey, I run a bar, and Im pretty sure I could see if no one smokes in my smoking room, and more people drink outside than inside, etc).

A simple: "X many people have visited this dungeon" UI element is enough to start (perhaps in the dungeon or basement management screen, only visible to the owner).

If you want something more immersive, then Id recommend this interface be revealed through a conversational keyword from your vendor or automaton. Maybe even some other intelligent pets :).

The economy and player-generated culture cant grow if we cant adapt to what does and does not attract avatars to our "places to be" that we craft and share.

Elwyn and Xee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.