1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player Dungeon Single Spawner Idea

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Aeolus Adara, Feb 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeolus Adara

Aeolus Adara Avatar

https://ibb.co/M7R57zk

[​IMG]

Ideas behind it:

1. Single Spawn encounters in dungeons would have loot and XP.

2. More loot than average on Boss Encounters but fewer to be placable.

3. Make the spawners statues but only viewable to the person who placed them.

4. Create a point system based on dungeon size to limit the number you can place.

5. Create special "Deco" only rooms for single spawn encounters.

By incorporating all of these ideas you would eliminate the ability to exploit single spawns in Player Dungeons.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  2. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

T15 spawner statues use to only be visible in design mode. Don’t know why this changed. Now the Lich spawn right on top of the statue which doesn’t look good.

3. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

My goal is to simulate "Hero Quest" dungeons, spawning single monsters as an option seems to be sensible.

4. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Or just find the perfect place to drop a single-spawn totem that clips it into a statue or column or something, traps the melee mob in place, and lets folks farm him risk free and likely AFK. Adding XP/Loot to these things by any method other than players "loading" them with items/XP books seems like it will be exploited seven ways from Sunday.

Anpu likes this.
  5. Aeolus Adara

Aeolus Adara Avatar

Im sure they could figure that part out being that they can restrict certain areas from stuff being placed, so I doubt that would happen if the appropriate measures took place.

Either way,

No loot
    No XP
    No point

adding your own loot would be pretty neat tho!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  6. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

The first part I agree on, they could sort it out with a ton of testing and worker hours, but the immense time it would take makes it not worth it.

I don't agree with the "no loot, no XP, no point" mantra though. Inky NPCs don't give loot or XP, and they are wonderful tools of quest and RP creation. I have a channel points thing on my stream where folks can run a hard lich dungeon, and if they clear it they will get 250 cotos. Once someone claims that prize I make the dungeon harder, and anyone who clears it gets 350 cotos, then it gets harder and the prize goes up and so on. These single spawners are instrumental in that scaling. I guess that's a form of adding your own loot though, and I would love to be able to do the same thing through inky conversationalists.

Our old guild dungeon also had a couple added to an L6 Rise Throne Room, just for kicks. That's another aspect of what makes them neat in my opinion, sometimes it's just good for a challenge. I've also loaded a series of dungeon rooms with 1, 3, 5, 10, 15 of them for testing various defensive gear loadouts and builds. A sort of inverse practice dummy. And above ground they also just make cool statues.

I very much understand people looking at the single spawners and thinking "I wish I could drop those in my XP/loot dungeon", but I don't think that's their point. They're wonderful tools that can add great fun and depth to the world of New Britannia, but in ways other than XP/loot inflation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.