Player Dungeons ... A plan of attack

Discussion in 'Feedback and Bug Reports (Live Server)' started by Ravalox, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Greetings!

When I first joined the team, I was to be Ravalox the Dungeoneer, and I would design and arrange dungeons as one of my primary tasks. As part of this I was going to be working on creating and fixing the Player Made Dungeon rooms and continue on to making dungeons in general.

My direction was diverted immediately due to many things that needed attention both in real life and within the game. I have been doing lots of stuff behind the scenes and now with the Bug Brigade starting to make a dent in the backlog, I am time slicing once again and getting back to what I was originally supposed to be doing.

To tackle the various issues with the Player Made Dungeon rooms, we will be setting up a task force style project. I have asked @Tazar to collect and compile all of the information from the Player Made Dungeon category into a spreadsheet where each issue will be assigned a number and the threads will be updated in the same manner as our usual bug verification and intake.

Once we have the data, we will start triage and create test scenarios to assist with duplication of the issues seen. This process will include YOU, the players on the QA Server. We will need to setup one or more testing directives as well as Developer assisted testing events to recreate some of the issue that require extensive dungeon construction.

More details will be published when we are ready, however, to give an idea of what I am envisioning in a test event, here's a possible scenario:

Players would be invited to join us on the QA server to build dungeons on lots we will setup in Hometown. Supplies to make the dungeons will be provided (depending on the test, either the blueprints and raw mats, or the already created rooms), this would also include a ton of extra gold coins to buy the points for expansion.

Please be patient as we formalize the elements of this debugging project, so we can work together to eradicate the issues, improve the feature and expand the dungeon sets.

Watch for more info on plans for this and other projects in my Dev Blog that I will once again start updating. :D

Ravalox

Owsley, Dollar Bill, Hazard and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.