Player Vendor Market & Item Prices

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Rowell, Aug 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

SOTAtraders.com is a player vendor market place web site in support of Shroud of the Avatar, by Portalarium.

Background: It was after R32 of Shroud of the Avatar that it happened. The "Soft Release" (ie, Persistence) had happened. I spent many days leveling up, collecting everything that dropped and sticking it in my bank. Close to the time when I could choose my lot and drop my house, my bank was bulging at the seams. Raw materials, refined components, furniture, rugs...you name it, I had it. When I had the chance to drop my vendor, he was going to be stuffed to the gills; and I would be rolling in the cash. (or so I thought).

Finally, placement day happened. Long story short: mad dash, many swears as lots were being taken left and right, a death off a cliff, a frantic search for an Ankh, ending up at the very last available village lot in Brittany Fields. Days of decorating followed. And finally, time to stock my vendor for my store's grand opening.

That's when I ran into trouble...

I had dozens of items to sell. And absolutely no idea what the going rates for these items were. I could guesstimate, but what if I were too high, and scared away the very few customers that actually found my shop? So I ran around. A lot. I looked on the main street vendors. I looked on the back street vendors. I looked at vendors that were little more than shrivelled up husks, begging for sunlight and the company of a customer. I saw prices. So many prices. I saw prices that were insanely low. I saw prices that were ludicrously high. There was little rhyme or reason to it.

That's when I got to thinking. "Wouldn't it be nice to somehow see what the going rates for an item were, across a number of stores? Wouldn't it be nice to see the lowest and highest selling prices for Silver Ore, and even the median price?" Yes, I thought...that WOULD be nice! And thus was born the idea for SOTAtrader.com.

SOTAtraders.com is community driven, and allows members to enter their character home/store placements into the web site's database. Members can also manage the store inventory by adding items to their store(s), and setting the selling prices. The site is not meant to track live quantities at any given store. Rather, it allows members to list the products they gather, create, collect and stock, along with the prices that they sell those items for.

Members can view the aggregated data on the main page, which displays the NPC Buy back and Selling Price (if available on an NPC vendor), what the lowest and highest prices are per item, as well as the calculated median price for an item. This data is searchable by several dozen criteria ranging from item source to item sub-type.

Members can also view the contents of other member stores. The list can be filtered by Town, as well as all the filtering features from the aggregated data on the main page. This view allows a member to view *ALL* player vendors in an area; not just the vendors closest to the main entrance.

Because community interaction is key to this site, members have the ability to notify the staff of any changes. New items can be added. Incorrect items can be updated. Old, obsolete items no longer in the game can be removed. Members police the data, and once the data is verified, the database is updated; keeping the information fresh and correct.

So, I invite you to visit the site often. Become a member. Spread the word. Help make SOTAtrader.com the premiere site for the Shroud of the Avatar in-game vendor market place.

http://www.sotatraders.com

Nhili Dragon and Maeryck like this.
  2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

its an interesting idea. give us the option to list forum/will deliver in store section and i would be more inclined to use since i am not sure i will be a land owner with a vendor.

3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

The development plan includes the ability for members to place orders from other members (select the items and quantities needed).
    That's actually next on the To Do List.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.