Player Vendors tied directly to PayPal

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by jammaplaya, Mar 13, 2017.

?

Should Portalarium add Player vendors tied to PayPal for a monthly subscription?

1. Aye

2. Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Because this is supposed to be a game that is fun and engaging to play, not a venue for get rich quick schemes or bleeding users dry.

lucasjung and Xandra7 like this.
  2. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

Also it takes money to make money, so the notion you can get rich off the game is but a fantasy used to prey upon the weaker-willed.

3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

That notion seems a touch dramatic. If someone works for a living and makes $5000.00 a month, but only has an hour to play each day and wants to be a GM enchanter or GM masterworker, I'm sure they don't feel bled dry by spending the $150-300 it costs to get there. And conversely, I certainly don't feel bled dry considering I spent 150 supporting the game but made 450. Both myself and the person from the above scenario are satisfied and are having fun.

A good opinion is always formed by weighing the good against the bad let's not forget! I see a lot of win in this suggestion, and not a lot of lose. Large influx of players, more money for Port to build the game, another method for players to have safe RMT besides brokers, and still brokers for those who don't wish to pay the monthly fee for the vendor, and even still the option for people to trade without both if they wish.

Though I would suggest an option to turn off RMT player vendor visibility in the parental options.

Bow Vale likes this.
  4. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

New Target Audience would be Gold Sellers/spammers

Should something like this happen, where we have the ability to sell items, gold, rent for homes, or anything else available within the game itself for real cash (in game Paypal), it would change everything.
    Many who just want to play a fun game will leave, I do not see anything good coming from this.

autodeath and Weins201 like this.
  5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

It would basically just be a tab in the already existing vendor menu for RMT. People would barely notice it.

I think Port is running the greater risk of losing players by leaving things how they are, where people can be scammed, and having it take them out of the immersion of the game for an hour to make their transactions.

You're entitled to your opinion, and I agree that it would be feeding the trolls to do something like this. But I speculate that the most likely outcome would be as follows:

*Real Money prices of in-game resources would decrease because of more people selling, helping existing buyers get ahead for less money.

*Existing buyers would spend hundreds of hours less time trading outside of the game.

*Less risk of RMT scamming for newb players.

*Portalarium making multiples more $ to fund development.

*Trolling of the game for adding this increasing the games visibility. (any publicity is good publicity)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.