Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please add an effect to skills when their special condition is met

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by Trihugger, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Please please pretty pretty please with a cherry on top add some sort of visual indication that I have fulfilled the extra criteria to make a skill do the "special sauce" extra bit it can do, IE Riposte and using it after I parry a mob.

This is really a pretty "baseline" feature that has been included in MMO UI's for over a decade now with any kind of "proc" or "special circumstance" kinds of skills.

I really don't see this as being terribly difficult as the strings in the code have to already exist for the skills to function so all you need to do is setup some kind of flashy gold outline type graphic on the skill in question when that string returns a true value. Oversimplification to be sure, but considering how important this is, it's really not too far off reality in terms of the level of work required.

I really enjoy these "reactive" kinds of skills. They keep combat fresh as I feel engaged, but currently I don't feel engaged as much as I just have intense eye strain trying to speed read the combat log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.