Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please add Guest Permission for containers and vendors.

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Net, Oct 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

Please, consider adding option to give access to containers on lot or to vendor and similar items to guests. So people can store or access items on shared lot without either party worrying about messing up with decorations and stuff.

Acred, lollie, E n v y and 4 others like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

For now I set all items to co owner by default, so at least people can't mess with the stuff I placed.

Acred, Net and Kabalyero like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you want lower than kindred so basically anyone can use a chest or a vendor? Sure but then you do know that players will just come to your chest and teake everything out just because they can?

I have no porblme with it but does not seem like a good idea, I mean a player dorps somthign off and comes back in 10 minutes and the item was taken by anyone?

Acred and Net like this.
  4. lollie

lollie Avatar

Also add things like Wells to that list Guests can use, real pita having to up people to Kindred then have to go around messing with all other items and containers one by friggin' one to idiot proof the stuff.

Acred, Numa, moko and 1 other person like this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If we can get some kind of parser where we put people name on the notes with one name per line and the pass to the "house Butler" to update the guest list, that would be great.

Acred, Numa and Net like this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

You still have to set who will be guest on your lot. My idea was to give access to some objects to all residents of a town...with some simple rules to follow. I could ban those who break the rules, there are logs on chests so I can see if someone takes everything.

Oh yeah wells too! One of my ideas was thing like public garden. Might need some permissions on planting pots and beds...

Of course ideal would be permission per item rather than on the whole lot, but for many actions guest permissions would be sufficient without having to place every single ite rwith trustee permission and private ones as co owner. And kindred people can still place stuff on the lot which is not something I really want in this case. Especially removal of private items can get complicated.

Acred, moko, Weins201 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ok well then that is the same as making them kindred if you are going to add them to the property? Now I am confused since what you ask for is already there

There is also Guild Access?

Acred likes this.
  8. Net

Net Avatar

There is feature to add Guest permission on lots. Guests cannot add or remove items from the lot, but they can for example open doors if the lot is locked. I am asking for option for them to access certain containers and similar items (vendors, wells, fountains).

I would like the option to let people access well or vendor or chest, whithout letting them to mess with deco on the property.

Acred and moko like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ahhh I see sorry yeah I understand now makes sense just another access level :) using already listed peoples :)

Acred and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.