Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please add login screen option to save password

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by Syznow, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I would very much like to see an option to save my password locally on my pc (in some encrypted form) so it would not have to be reentered after each client crash or freeze. Because I still have a few gifts in my account page that have not yet been registered, I have a very long complicated password for the website account. Re-entering that information constantly is very tiresome.

Alternately, allowing a different password for the ingame login (that I could specify on my account page) would allow me to simplify the password entered into the client. This would probably be prefereable, since having real money and gaming logins tied together does not seem like a very secure situation. In this way having the game login compromised does not compromise my account.

Amaranthus, foobard and Seneth Somed like this.
  2. Azur

Azur Avatar

I'd second this it, is a right pain when the client crashes. I know there are concerns about passwords being harvested from PCs by malware but making you enter it multiple times makes you more vulnerable to keyloggers. I guess as we get closer to launch two-factor authentication might become an option to better protect our accounts.

Amaranthus likes this.
  3. cs2501x

cs2501x Avatar

As a temporary alternative you could consider a macro application, or if you have a programmable keyboard/mouse you can bind your password to a key.

foobard likes this.
  4. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

+1 from me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.