Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please alter "Someone is currently looting that" from a modal dialog to chat text.

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Jefe, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

When playing with others and multiple people attempt to loot something, a modal dialog pops up stating that someone is already looting that thing. This stops all activity until you click Okay. Gets annoying in certain situations. Would be nice if that text just went to chat instead of locking up the UI.

2. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Yes please :)

3. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

No. It is there for a specific reasom..To stop Avatars from multi-looting the chest..Evereything stops on purpose. My opinion.

4. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

I believe we are talking past each other. Clearly there is a server lock in place to prevent multi-looting. That I am good with. The assertion of that to the user I'd recommend be swapped from a modal dialog to something else. Recommendation would be one of the chat columns. To prevent the requisite clicking in the center of the screen when that collision occurs to be able to do anything again.

5. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

@Jefe I have tested this game since april of 2014, this what the dep finally came up with...Most of us are satisfied with the way it is.
    If it was moved to a chat window, it would not effect the play like it is designed to do..Place it in the bug reprot area if you want Devs to respond to your post.

6. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

So far you're the only person who's spoken up yet who is satisfied with how it is. This is feedback. It's in the appropriate forum.

On the other hand, it might be good to tag @Chris or someone with this.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  7. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

It should be an onscreen dialog text like when you get your gold and XP from the Oracle. Just a message in the center of the screen and no need to click 'OK'.

Tiina Onir likes this.
  8. Jefe

Jefe Avatar

Yep, why I put it here. Thanks for tagging it.

I am not familiar with the specific requirements for that interaction set, so thus it is my $0.02. If it is supposed to affect the player by breaking up tempo per requirements then so be it. However, since the "You cannot loot this while in combat mode" and other similar display texts do not make use of a modal dialog then that is why I provide this feedback. It may simply have been developer style at the time. I have run into numerous instances where there are inconsistencies of presentation that are evidently intended so it would not surprise me if it were intended to affect the player in this way. I guess it comes back to the intended effect that the devs want on the player for this. I have been group playing this game for quite some time and have been dealing with this dialog for quite some time. I state this since the threshold of verbal annoyance by my regular party members has been tripped.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.