Please bring merchant dialogue one step farther

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Klaleara, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klaleara

Klaleara Avatar

Playing R2, it seems the dialogue stops when you say you want to buy something. It appears at that point, a vendor window would open, where you buy items from.

I for one, would LOVE it if it was taken one step further, where we could buy things without the vendor window even opening.

Say....

Merchant: "Hello I sell fruits, and meats."
    Player: "What kind of fruits do you sell?"
    Merchant: "I sell both Melons, and Oranges."
    Player: "I would like to buy some Oranges please."
    Merchant: "How many Oranges would you like?"
    Player: "I would like 5 Oranges."
    Merchant: "That will cost 5 gold"
    Player proceeds with emote to hand gold over (Confirmation kind of deal for exchange)

Could skip some by simply saying "I would like to buy 5 oranges" at any point. Provides the vendor with what they are selling, and how many.

To me, it just seems sad to go as far as it is, and not take the extra step forward to bring it to an awesome conclusion. Of course, I would want the option of a vendor window too, this is simply for some amazing RPing.

2. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Please no! Please, please no! How tedious. If it's a toggle-able (IT'S A WORD!) feature, that's fine, but I do NOT want to deal with that.

Mishri likes this.
  3. Klaleara

Klaleara Avatar

You do realize, I said there should still be a vendor window, right?

docdoom77 likes this.
  4. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

No, I'm an idiot and at your mercy. *lays head on chopping block*

Sorry. Knee-jerk reaction. I'll read better next time.;)

5. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I'd point out that the vendor window would likely open when you said sell or buy but if you wanted to keep talking you could. finishing the transaction via talking is another layer they have to implement on each NPC, not sure if it's feasible or not but keep in mind it is more development time. I just don't know how much more time, because they would need to be programmed with saying all their inventory and responding to qtys, and there are about 50 different ways to say you want to buy something.

6. Klaleara

Klaleara Avatar

I could agree with that. I forgot about quantities, but shouldn't be too hard. They already tell you specifically what they sell, so adding how much they have shouldn't actually be TOO difficult (I wouldn't think anyways).

I figured for the vendor window, you could say "I would like to look at what you're selling", or something along that line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.